Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Apr 4, 2009
There's quite some chatter on the inter webs about Apple possibly holding back on same major new features in the iOS GM. As mentioned, 5C's are already assembled and on US Soil, although Apple has not released a GM to devs. With the talk of slomo camera features, finger print scanning software, etc. this theory is pretty much validated.

The latest conspiracy is Apple may be changing App Icons to circles. Whispers that the grey circles could be the new home button image, and all app icons become circles to match. Macrumors did mention this in an article ran a few months ago (anyone wanna dig that one up?) I attached a picture for some further explanation.

Think, Circle app icons sure would be interesting. Dial screen, Lock screen, and Safari/iTunes/App Store icons all lend credence to the conspiracy theory. Also, for Apple's new icon design template, the geometry sure is circular.

Now before you throw this out the window and damn me in future posts, just give it some thought. Apple has a GM (on the 5C) but not publicly available to devs - yet. There's always those tidbits that are saved until the hardware release, I don't think we will see one until the 10th after everything is announced. There is definitely features we do not know about, and aren't supposed to know until September 10th.

The picture of the GM on a iPhone 5C though has regular square icons not circle :(

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Apple could release ANYTHING and people will wait it in line for it

But the fact remains that the last two iPhones were boring predictable releases, solid phones but lacking

Brining up sales to justify quality is sad, I could point to countless junk that flew off the shelves
It's more like the case of Samsung now.

Samsung releases a phone with the same design and some gimmick feature like air gesture?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MA MONEY! ;) Apple can't innovate, they're doomed!

Harrycooke

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
London
Next week: iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, and iOS 7, iTunes Radio, possibly some other iTunes/iPod announcements/updates.

October Event: iOS 7 for iPad, iPad Mini, iPad 5, Retina MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac, Mac Mini, Mavericks, new Final Cut.

That October event seems really really packed!!!

and where does Apple TV fit into this

Exactly. That's why I think they'll be possibly releasing rMBP at this event. It makes sense.

There's too much for the October release. rMBP won't be an amazing upgrade so won't take the spotlight from new iPhones. They can just sell it with free upgrade to Mavericks like they did with ML last year. What do you think?

Tom2893

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2012
United Kingdom
I could be totally wrong but ive just thought that those circles are the home button and the clear ones with the circle mean fingerprint scanner?

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I'd assume we'e going to get an AppleTV event "app" with a live stream? Live the last major event?

That was pretty outstanding watching it on a nice HD TV :)

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
So possible taglines/comments from stage...

The most colorful iPhone yet.

The world isn't black and white - that's why we created iPhones in various colors.

saha-med

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2012
Im guessing WWDC stream overloaded their servers and they probably decided not to stream anything ever again

iMatamoros

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2013
My understanding is this. Up until now Mac Pros had dual-cpu and single-gfx, from now on they will have single-cpu and dual-gfx. This is an very important design change, because while cpu-chips need to do all kinds of different computations reasonably fast, gfx-chips are specialized for some specific highly parallelizable computing tasks. The programming language OpenCL allows to write programs which make use of all the raw computing power in modern gfx-chips. The new Mac Pro with dual graphics will be the first computer to be optimized for OpenCL programs.

But up to this point it took too long for that update, they long due this upgrade to the Pro users, what i mean, even if its optimized for openGL they´re not innovating.

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
But up to this point it took too long for that update, they long due this upgrade to the Pro users, what i mean, even if its optimized for OpenGL they´re not innovating.
Than who is? What is too long for something truly new. The Wright brothers made no flights at all in 1906 and 1907. The iPhone itself was already a very late entry in the cellphone market in 2007. Was it therefore not innovating?

Everything that is a first-time improvement is innovation. I can't remember many other computers with a dual-graphics setup dedicated for computational tasks. This is not your typical Gaming-PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.