Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Just curious. Does anyone know when the iPhone 5S will be available to buy? I know it's said to be announced on the 10th but does that mean the next day it will be able to be signed onto a new contact?

Any info would be fantastic :) Thank!

Its rumoured that the 5S will be released on 20 September.

Last year with the iPhone 5, the announcement was on the 12 September, and it was released on the 21 September.

The year before with the iPhone 4S, the announcement was on the 4 October, and it was released on the 14 October.

So going by this. The iPhone 5S, should be available 9 or 10 days after the 10 September event.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Still hoping for updated rMBP's!!
Even if they only mention it for 1 minute!!
Sod that - even if its a silent update!!!

Razzosinni

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2013
Why does everyone talk about Macs ? It's highly unlikely that anything like that is going to be announced this month. There will definitely be a separate event focusing on refreshing the Mac lineup. So far, Apple refreshed only the MacBook Air this year. It's going to be a really busy fall for them.

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
yeah, it is kinda disappointing. Makes you realize how important Jobs was to the presentation and the persuasiveness that he had..

Yep! He had charisma like no one else.

However, I have really enjoyed Craig Federighi's recent keynotes. He has many of the speaking skills that Jobs had. I think he could be the future front man in Apple's keynotes. Way better than Cook, Phil Schiller and Eddy Cue.

Pigumon

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2004
Do you always wait for a problem with your current tech devices to upgrade? I upgrade b/c I feel like it and I can afford it.

If you're asking, I wait for features that improve significantly from what I already have. I guess I don't have wasteful, "must have" tendencies. "Reduce, reuse, recycle".

But that's beside the point, he stated he had to get an Android phone if it wasn't for the new 5s. So what's so great about android that he felt he needed to switch?

I like the Galaxy Tab's stylus, but it's not enough to make me leave iOS and the ecosystem.

[edited: wrong user]

----------

My wife has it. :)

Ahaha! Well I agree THAT'S a reason to get a new phone!

----------

Did you not read what he said? His wife has the iPhone 5.

And even if that wasn't the case, what's it got to do with you? :confused::rolleyes:

I read what he said and read his signature, why is HER iPhone five listed as his? I thought they both had one.

What's my post have to do with you? See how that works?

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
With only the iPhone 5(cheap) and 5S being revealed, which we already know about fingerprint scanner, the fact they're still same size, no new iPads....

This might be the most boring Apple conference in years, even worse then the 4S conference disaster

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
With only the iPhone 5(cheap) and 5S being revealed, which we already know about fingerprint scanner, the fact they're still same size, no new iPads....

This might be the most boring Apple conference in years, even worse then the 4S conference disaster

And yet the 4s still sold millions

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010

No no no. This will brighten EVERYONE's day!

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
That even with so called boring conferences a lot of people are excited by a new iPhone.

Apple could release ANYTHING and people will wait it in line for it

But the fact remains that the last two iPhones were boring predictable releases, solid phones but lacking

Brining up sales to justify quality is sad, I could point to countless junk that flew off the shelves

kdarling

macrumors P6

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Anyone got any information about live streaming of the event ?
Offcourse officially from Apple side.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
So where's the stuff about the iPad Mini 2 and iPad 5? Is the iPhone 5C coming to the US or just emerging markets?

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Anyone got any information about live streaming of the event ?
Offcourse officially from Apple side.

As far as I can remember, Apple usually announces the live stream a couple of hours before the actual event. That is what they did with WWDC this year. So hopefully we get our answers by Tues Morning...

Update: Here is that article:

RX03KwB.png

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
As far as I can remember, Apple usually announces the live stream a couple of hours before the actual event. That is what they did with WWDC this year. So hopefully we get our answers by Tues Morning...

Update: Here is that article:

Oh Ok. Sure will check then. I thought it would come couple of days before. Lets see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.