Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woolie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
I thought the Apple Watch is as simple as i gets. Everything works as expected for me. My expectations were not unrealistic and I knew this wasn't an iPhone replacement. Yes, info would take a bit longer to update every once in a while but this is what comes with owning 1st gen tech. Things can only improve as it matures.

If you want to see further than 7 days on your calendar, get Sunrise Calendar.

If you want added motoring of your HR, get PulsePro which works with Health app and the Apple Watch.
Thanks for the info...

exxxviii

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2015
I just saw your other post about 5GHz versus 2.4GHz, and I think that you need to reconfigure your Wi-Fi network a little... Make your SSID and password the same for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Then, the connecting devices will choose the best band for their needs, and it only requires one set of login credentials. Then, the AW will work just fine with the phone.

For some bizarre reason, all Wi-Fi routers I have seen come with different default SSIDs for the two frequencies, and that leads many consumers to think that they should use different SSIDs for the two frequencies. Life is much better with a single SSID in your home Wi-Fi network.

Reactions: woolie

woolie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
Something is wrong with your model.

Contacts only work 10 percent of the time? Thats not normal.

Maps works great for me as well.

When you're not on WiFi, what signal strength and quality on your phone do you get?

I lived in a city with only 3g once, and couldn't get many features to work on my phone. I suspect I would be having issues with the apple watch too if I still lived there.

Also what are you trying to have siri do exactly?

She works great for messages/calls/directions etc. I think I saw a Wikipedia and wolfram entry as well.

But it is a watch, and I think siri is more geared towards situations where you need to make a text or call on the go or need directions. And the dictation has been spot on for me in that regard.
I just saw your other post about 5GHz versus 2.4GHz, and I think that you need to reconfigure your Wi-Fi network a little... Make your SSID and password the same for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Then, the connecting devices will choose the best band for their needs, and it only requires one set of login credentials. Then, the AW will work just fine with the phone.

For some bizarre reason, all Wi-Fi routers I have seen come with different default SSIDs for the two frequencies, and that leads many consumers to think that they should use different SSIDs for the two frequencies. Life is much better with a single SSID in your home Wi-Fi network.
Something is wrong with your model.

Contacts only work 10 percent of the time? Thats not normal.

Maps works great for me as well.

When you're not on WiFi, what signal strength and quality on your phone do you get?

I lived in a city with only 3g once, and couldn't get many features to work on my phone. I suspect I would be having issues with the apple watch too if I still lived there.

Also what are you trying to have siri do exactly?

She works great for messages/calls/directions etc. I think I saw a Wikipedia and wolfram entry as well.

But it is a watch, and I think siri is more geared towards situations where you need to make a text or call on the go or need directions. And the dictation has been spot on for me in that regard.

woolie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007

Best advice I have had so far... I'll fix it... Appreciate your input very much...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.