Apple keyboard with pc

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Revomonster, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Revomonster macrumors regular

Revomonster

While I am waiting to get a mac I was wondering if i could get an apple wired keyboard and have it work with my old pc which i have upgraded the operating system on, and it is not running windows 7. I really like their keyboards. Are they compatible with pcs running windows 7? (I hate my pc, and that is why I am getting a mac soon):apple:

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

3. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

as i have a dell zino hd which is running linux ..dumped windows 7 before first startup absolute no need for windows on a pc , but i can confirm at least that the apple alloy usb keyboard with numberpad works perfectly on a pc , even the function keys work , there is a linux app that enables to run the osx dashboard widgets in linux called jackfield , so even that key on the keyboard works one click dashboard turns up just like in osx

so go ahead just connect it to your pc ;)

4. xpipe macrumors regular

I use an Apple (wired) keyboard with my Windows 7 computer...no issues.

5. Revomonster thread starter macrumors regular

Revomonster

thanks. i am going to invest in one of those for my pc until my mac comes. Then I will not have to buy a keyboard for it!

6. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Where do you live? Apple US keyboard and Windows US keyboard are identical or close as (except you won't find a "Windows" key on the Apple keyboard). UK keyboards are a major pain to swap between Mac and PC because keys are in different locations.

7. iZac macrumors 68000

iZac

Yeah, at least in the UK the key setups are different, my friend mooched my spare mac keyboard for his PC, and he's too lazy to re-map the keys. Ends up hitting # when he means to hit @ or something.

On a separate note, i find it strange how easily I have adapted to PC and Mac keyboards in work/home use. I have an uncanny knack of remapping my brain when I'm at a different machine.

8. Revomonster thread starter macrumors regular

Revomonster

I am living in the US so I should be okay. DO the wireless keyboards work with pcs that have bluetooth?