Apple Launches 2017 Back to School Promotion in Europe: Free Beats With Select Mac or iPad Pro Models

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today launched its annual Back to School promotion in Europe -- links below. Apple is offering the choice of a free pair of Beats Solo3, BeatsX, or Powerbeats3 headphones to qualifying students, parents of students, and educators who purchase an eligible Mac with education pricing for a limited time.

Eligible models include any new MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, or Mac Pro. Mac mini does not qualify.

The promotion also offers free BeatsX wireless headphones with the purchase of any 10.5-inch or 12.9-inch iPad Pro, or students can pay extra for Beats Powerbeats3 or Solo3 wireless headphones. Apple's new 9.7-inch iPad and iPad mini 4 models do not qualify for the promotion.

Participating countries in Europe include Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United Arab Emirates.

The promotion is available on Apple's online education store, and at Apple retail stores, until October 2, 2017. Apple has outlined the full eligibility requirements in its terms and conditions (UK version shown), available at the bottom of the education store on its website in each country.

Students are required to verify their enrollment or acceptance in a higher education institution in order to participate in the promotion in most countries. Not a student or looking for better deals? Visit our Apple Deals roundup for other discounts on Apple products and accessories.

Article Link: Apple Launches 2017 Back to School Promotion in Europe: Free Beats With Select Mac or iPad Pro Models

Frankfurt

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2016
USA
I got the Beats Solo 3 for "free" as part of the U.S. promotion when I bought the MBP. They are a actually not as bad as I thought they might be. Great battery life, never dropped connection. Sound is ok (not as bass heavy as I heard they would be).
Certainly would have preferred the AirPods though...

cambookpro

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Bought my iPad Pro a few weeks ago, shame I missed out but would've stuck with my AirPods anyway. Would be nice to sell/have a spare pair, but oh well.

xbankaiz

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2015
DE
I'll probably get the 10.5" iPad Pro with this offer. Waiting for the German site to get updated to check the discounted pricing.

Bought my iPad Pro 4 weeks ago, any chance to get free beats too or bud luck?
If I'm not wrong, in Germany you can send it back within 30 days? Or is it just Amazon with Prime?

jdillings

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2015
AirPods are never in stock anyways so it wouldn’t make any sense to give them out for free.
They aren't going to give out something that people actually buy like the AirPods. This is just an excuse to get rid of Beats deadstock.

Lnds500

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2012
I bought my iPad Pro one week ago. Do you think they might give me the headphones now or is there no chance?

Contact_Feanor

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2017
Belgium
I bought my iPad Pro one week ago. Do you think they might give me the headphones now or is there no chance?
yes, you have at least 2 weeks of "factory warranty" with apple products. During those two weeks you can send/bring them back no questions asked and you'll get your money back. So take a backup, wipe your iPad Pro, bring it back, and immediately buy a new one with the back to school promo...

Reactions: Lnds500

Populus

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2012
Valencia, Spain.
You don't need to return it. If you are within the 14 day period, they apply to you the back to school promo, as it is retroactive.

Even more, when I bought the last MacBook pro last week, I asked if the promo had been activated a few days later my 14 day period expired, if there would be a chance to get the gift, and they said, literally "Apple is always reasonable at this cases, we are flexible in this regards".

So don't worry, you'll have your earphones :)

Reactions: Sirious

gzimmerman

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2014
Windsor, Ontario

Apple today launched its annual Back to School promotion in Europe -- links below. Apple is offering the choice of a free pair of Beats Solo3, BeatsX, or Powerbeats3 headphones to qualifying students, parents of students, and educators who purchase an eligible Mac with education pricing for a limited time.

Eligible models include any new MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, or Mac Pro. Mac mini does not qualify.

The promotion also offers free BeatsX wireless headphones with the purchase of any 10.5-inch or 12.9-inch iPad Pro, or students can pay extra for Beats Powerbeats3 or Solo3 wireless headphones. Apple's new 9.7-inch iPad and iPad mini 4 models do not qualify for the promotion.

Participating countries in Europe include Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United Arab Emirates.

Students are required to verify their enrollment or acceptance in a higher education institution in order to participate in the promotion in most countries. Not a student or looking for better deals? Visit our Apple Deals roundup for other discounts on Apple products and accessories.

The promotion is available on Apple's online education store, and at Apple retail stores, until October 2, 2017. Apple has outlined the full eligibility requirements in its terms and conditions (UK version shown), available at the bottom of the education store on its website in each country.

Article Link: Apple Launches 2017 Back to School Promotion in Europe: Free Beats With Select Mac or iPad Pro Models
[doublepost=1502152184][/doublepost]This is crap! What is Canada? A 3rd world country obviously.