Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released a specialized Apple Support app in the Netherlands, which is designed to give iOS users another way to get support for their Apple devices.

The app closely mimics the design of Apple's dedicated support website, providing a list of the products owned by each user along with options for scheduling repairs in an Apple Store or chatting with Apple's support staff. It also has a section for recent repair requests and other information related to Apple product maintenance.

applesupportapp-800x470.jpg
Need help? Apple Support app is your personalized guide to the best options from Apple. Find answers with articles tailored to your products and questions. Call, chat or email with an expert right away, or schedule a callback when it's convenient. Get a repair at an Apple Store or a nearby Apple Authorized Service Provider. Apple Support is here to help.
Apple Support appears to be limited to the Netherlands at this time, but Apple may be testing it in a single market before opting to roll it out to other countries. Rumors late last year suggested a support app was in the works, but it wasn't clear at the time if it would be a standalone app or something built into an existing app.

Article Link: Apple Launches 'Apple Support' iOS App in Netherlands

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
Sounds like a neat idea. And also liking the "another way" part, as those users still have the option to call in or check the website anyways. The app won't help you if your Apple device is having enough problems that it can't access the app nor the problem with the device itself is severe enough.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
MacBook (13-inch) uh?

Haven't heard about such thing since 2010. Looks like a 12-inch MacBook from the picture though.

I wish such laptop existed, but Apple would probably have introduced it at the last event if they planned to make it. Super-thin, fanless, 2 USB-C ports. Hmmmm...

HJM.NL

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2016
Netherlands
Yeah we are known for complaining a lot.
Your dam/n right. It's in our nature. Soooo... I wish they fix Apple maps here too and make Siri better understanding Dutch. And while I'm on it... it's a shame they ask so much € for the new MacBook Minus with still yesterday technology and the ergonomic disaster bar. Hope they also discount their Christmas dongles.

Last edited:

Yumbo

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2011
Australia
Can you make Genius Bar appointments with it? They removed that functionality from the official Apple Store app

The point is to isolate issue which typically can be solved without visiting the store, which ultimately should only be hardware related.

This enables more availability for those who actually need hardware service.

Suspended
Jul 20, 2011
Let's try it out somewhere, where fewer people use Apple products, just in case it creates more service cases... :)
[doublepost=1478641524][/doublepost]
The point is to isolate issue which typically can be solved without visiting the store, which ultimately should only be hardware related.

This enables more availability for those who actually need hardware service.
Oh, is the Apple service visiting macrumours?

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Yeah we are known for complaining a lot.
The only thing binding us together as a nation is complaining about the weather and the Dutch railways (which ironically is the 3rd most reliable train network in the world). The second those two things are perfect the country will fall apart. Haha

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Yes you can make Genius Bar appointments directly from the app, depending on the support subject you select for your device.

View attachment 671086

Thanks for this, glad it has made a comeback. I wasn't happy about it being removed from the Apple Store app and having to get hold of a desktop to check for available appointments.

Zirel

Suspended
Jul 24, 2015
Your dam/n right. It's in our nature. Soooo... I wish they fix Apple maps here too and make Siri better understanding Dutch. And while I'm on it... it's a shame they ask so much € for the new MacBook Minus with still yesterday technology and the ergonomic disaster bar. Hope they also discount their Christmas dongles.

Or you can buy something else.

People that didn't even tried the touch bar and are already hating, won't ever buy anything.

"Yesterday technology", explain that, because it uses the latest Intel CPU's and the best IGPUs, the latest AMD GPUs, the best SSD money can buy, and the newest and fastest I/O available to the consumer.

Doesn't matter what Apple does, people like you will never buy Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.