Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
btw, they added two more as of last night. Griffin Perforated in black or clear. kinda ugly though, imo.
i ordered the Speck Fitted.

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009
Has anyone chosen to order the Incase Snap Case? It's not available for another five days, but I am curious to see what people will have to say about it.
I'm not sure if I'll order that Snap Case or Bumper.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Has anyone chosen to order the Incase Snap Case? It's not available for another five days, but I am curious to see what people will have to say about it.
I'm not sure if I'll order that Snap Case or Bumper.

The snap eta to ship was 8/31. I prefer snaps to the bumper. I'm actually waiting on the perforated snap which may help keep the back of the phone cooler.

princesultan

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2010
first off, a whole lot of you have to quit complaining and whining about the types of cases being offered. it's just ridiculous.

second off, i order the pixelskin hd.

third off, i spoke to an apple rep and even though my ship date says sep. 21, she says that i should ignore that and expect to realistically have it in 2 weeks or less. the ship dates given are only extreme ends of the spectrum in terms of estimates.

mastboy

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Germany
Awesome customer service

Well I can say this much at least... Apple's customer service is THE BEST i've had the oportunity to deal with.

I ordered my SPECK case for my iphone 4 from one of those that they offer on the case program.

It arrived on friday and i tried it for my iphone but it just does not close.. its somehow defective or something or maybe i botched it ... dunno. Anyways i called them and told them i want to exchange it for a normal Bumper and they agreed to do this, in a few minutes the guy said that he had already set up an order for my new bumper and that it should be on its way soon enough (got an email confirmation and all), so i asked him what to do with the SPECK thing, he said i could keep it they dont want it back or anything..

wished me a nice day and that was that.

APPLE = AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
sweet! glad to hear apple took care of you.
was that the speck fitted? (assume so since it is the only two piece case offered.) can you figure out why it won't close? are you running a skin? just curious since that is the case i ordered as well.

truazn

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2010
Quick Question

I want to apply for the free case but because my iphone is jailbroken & unlocked, will they check for that and deny me? I read in the terms and conditions:

Apple collects specific data, including phone number, model, serial number and IMEI, to identify and validate your iPhone 4
in order to confirm eligibility.

Sorry if this has been asked. I have tried to search but no answer. Thanks.

jnguyen4

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2006
I want to apply for the free case but because my iphone is jailbroken & unlocked, will they check for that and deny me? I read in the terms and conditions:

Apple collects specific data, including phone number, model, serial number and IMEI, to identify and validate your iPhone 4
in order to confirm eligibility.

Sorry if this has been asked. I have tried to search but no answer. Thanks.

No. I requested it when mine was jailbroken. There's no problem!

mastboy

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Germany
sweet! glad to hear apple took care of you.
was that the speck fitted? (assume so since it is the only two piece case offered.) can you figure out why it won't close? are you running a skin? just curious since that is the case i ordered as well.

Yeah it is the Speck fitted. I am using the Bodyguardz full body protection. If you have something like this dont even try to get your speck fitted to close, it WONT ... The bumper however works beautifully...

I tried for a while to use it with my iphone and it just wouldnt give, then i tried the speck on a skinnless iphone and it is very fitted (but then it wouldnt close anylonger i think i botched the case), so unless you ahve a completely naked phone i think it wont close

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.