Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexta6

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2010
I have invisible shield (best protector out there) on. all covered. front, back and edges. my friend gave me a $5 rubber case to use it temporarily. It peeled off the lower right and lower left when I put it on. I thought it was just cheap hard rubber that peeled it off. A more expensive case should be better.

I want rubber edge for drop. I was thinking about getting this one, but now I have to reconsider after hearing the same issue from u. Anyone else who has this case have problem?

Ive got the Griffin Reveal Etch Graphite case and had it for almost a month now.

Mine doesnt seem to like screen protectors, especially in the top left corner. Either the rubber banding its just too tight and flicks the screen protector back up, or ive got a poor screen protector, even though there is no other problem on the rest of the screen protector.

Ive went for the Incase Snap Case Clear. :)

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around
Wow. There are a lot of whiners on here! I'm just happy to get a free incase clear case because that is what I was wanting from the beginning. Something that will protect phone, help antenna reception, and show the phone off so I'm happy! Also I bought a black bumper the day I bought my iPhone and I don't like the bumper at all. It covers up the silver edge of the phone which I like, it's a little too bulky, and it hard to pull out if my pocket because it's rubber.

I did receive an email from apple saying that they refunded my money for black bumper on July 22nd, but I used my paypal debit card when I bought my iPhone 4 and I checked it to see if refund was there. It's not, so what's the deal?

metron

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Bay Area
Olivia23 - I find having the bumper on easy to pull out of the pocket because of the plastic sides, well thought out. As for seeing the refund, it will probably take at least a week to appear on bank statements and such.

Apple offers free case, sure why not.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
New rant

I can't get my iPhone 4 to charge with my older iPhone cable (works just fine with no bumper on); the one that came with IP4 works just fine.

WARNING WARNING
DESIGN FLAW!!!! APPLE MUST FIX!!!!
DANGER DANGER STEVE JOBS.....

There. Things were getting a bit boring here.

metron

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Bay Area
I can't get my iPhone 4 to charge with my older iPhone cable (works just fine with no bumper on); the one that came with IP4 works just fine.

WARNING WARNING
DESIGN FLAW!!!! APPLE MUST FIX!!!!
DANGER DANGER STEVE JOBS.....

There. Things were getting a bit boring here.

Yeah, the bumper case seems very specific to the iphone 4 cable. won't accept anything else :[

timmy2

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2010
Maybe a stupid question - but do I need to buy bumper from theapple app

Hi, I am backordered on 2 phones. I can't see the stuff on the app because I don't have the phone

I have a couple of questions:

1- I would like to go to the Apple store to look at cases. If I buy there can I still get a refund? The written stuff on apple's site - just says in you have already bought one....do this. But do they require that we buy through them now that the program is announced.

2 - Do they even have cases at the stores?

Trikki Nikki

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
UK
Well I've just received an email from Apple that my bumper has been dispatched and to allow 3 days for delivery..!! That's pretty impressive considering the last message from them said it was gonna ship around 27th of August.

hipsigti

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2009
WHAT?!? No color selection on the bumpers? Your making me angry Steve Jobs. You wont like me when I'm angry. :p

I think that the color choice suck in general the only color i'd want is black i had the green bumper, it tends to discolor really fast and often and the other colors are lame! if i want a colorful case then please make it bright and colorful these colors are just kinda bland except maybe green.

ruralguy

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2010
UK
Shipped

Well I've just received an email from Apple that my bumper has been dispatched and to allow 3 days for delivery..!! That's pretty impressive considering the last message from them said it was gonna ship around 27th of August.

Yay - same here, just got the email!

Greenman85

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Hang on now, normally I'd agree with this stance but it's blatantly wrong in this instance.

It's a fix/appeasement for a hardware and usability issue, it's not just a generous offer from Apple to say thank you, so you should feel the right to be unhappy with the fix being offered.

Lets say this was a car, but when you grabbed the handle on the passenger side to get in it short circuited the electrics (impossible I know) and lets say as a fix for this the manufacturer offered a free replacement handle, but they only offered them in black or green, would you not be unhappy if you wanted a red handle for your red car? Or do you accept it because its free.

I know it's a different scenario as the bumper/case isn't part of the phone so colour doesn't have to match, but there should definitely be more choices to suit the needs of those who don't like the look of a black or clear case.

For the record I was hoping for a green bumper, but got the Belkin Micra Clear seeing as it wasn't on offer.

If Apple ever sell them again i'll buy a green bumper later down the line.

gmab. apple didnt have to offer this. no one forced us to buy the iphone. and furthermore they are only doing it because the media and others have ridiculously blown this nonexistent issue way out of proportion. this is costing apple ~200 million for a problem that affects all phones and that only idiots holding the phone extremely stupidly can replicate the problem. excuse me if i have no sympathy for greedy picky iphone owners who want to milk apple even more for something they didnt even have to offer in the first place

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
Purchased 2 bumpers (1 for my phone and 1 for my wifes) Only was refunded for 1. Called Apple who said they would "look into it and get back to me" Both were purchased with a credit card

MichelleAK

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2006
Anchorage, AK
For anyone who ordered the Speck Pixelskin HD, be prepared to wait. I just received the email confirmation from Apple, and it's due to be shipped October 4. Yes, October. Guess it's a good thing I already have a case, and just ordered this as a back up. :D

ILLBean

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
For anyone who ordered the Speck Pixelskin HD, be prepared to wait. I just received the email confirmation from Apple, and it's due to be shipped October 4. Yes, October. Guess it's a good thing I already have a case, and just ordered this as a back up. :D

I just got an e-mail saying I will get it Oct 23rd.

I am a guy who always has a case on his phone but I received the 4 right before the free cases were announced so I waited to get a free case...
I chose the Speck Pixel HD....
now I have to wait 3 months till I get it?

That is not acceptable.

I would rather buy one and get reimbursed than have an unprotected phone for 3 months.

So I guess I go buy one now and in three months I have a spare case...

Thanks Apple?

(I know it is free but, THREE MONTHS!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???)

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I received my free iPhone Bumper today. But it's not even Aug 27 yet.....;)

Looks nice, but I haven't decided if I'm going to use it or the Scosche BandEDGE (clear/black) that I bought. I really like how the Scosche shows off the metal trim, but I prefer the buttons on the Apple Bumper.

Meh, I'll probably alternate between the two.

blizeH

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
Of the free case choices, is there any reason not to go with the bumper? It's kinda hard to tell what each case is like from the photos, so I was tempted to go for that 'cos it's a fairly easy choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.