Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this morning made its iPhone 7 silicone and leather cases available in a handful of new colors.

silicone-cases-iphone-7-800x305.jpg

The colors of the new silicone cases (above, left to right) are described as Azure, Camellia, and Pebble, priced at $35 for iPhone 7 models and $39 for iPhone 7 Plus.

iphone-7-leather-cases-800x305.jpg

Elsewhere, the leather case options have expanded to include shades of Sapphire, Taupe, and Berry, costing $45 for iPhone 7 and $49 for iPhone 7 Plus.

In addition to the iPhone 7 cases, a new iPhone SE leather case in Saddle Brown is available for $39. All of the cases can be ordered on Apple's online store as of this morning.

Article Link: Apple Launches New Silicone and Leather iPhone 7 Case Colors

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
Already ordered the sapphire, couldn't be more excited, i have navy and Sea Blue but wanted something in the middle, finally apple is offering it, definitely going to be my favorite color.

Reactions: tennisproha

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2016
Why do people buy Apple's leather cases? Nomad's are much higher quality and weather so much better.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
I think I have seen one official leather case in the wild since they came out.
you got to get out more. :)

I use the blue, red and saddle brown for my iPhone 6. all are very used by now but work well. obviously nothing new for us but like getting them at discount on ebay sometimes.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Why do people buy Apple's leather cases? Nomad's are much higher quality and weather so much better.
I have been satisfied with the Apple leather cases and have bought one new one each year I swap my phone. Nomad may very well be better but not so much that is make the Apple cases bad.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016

Not everyone is aware of Nomad and some immediately think OEM Apple if they want a case when they purchase an iPhone. And Apple's cases are very well made, even for the price point. Honestly, if it wasn't for Macrumors posting Nomad products on here at times, I would hardly be familiar with them. That's not to say Nomad doesn't make a nice product.

Reactions: Dino F

bluespark

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago

I have tried both and personally prefer the Apple to the Nomad. And I find it to have great quality and longevity. But preferences differ and it's good to have options.
[doublepost=1490113770][/doublepost]
Already ordered the sapphire, couldn't be more excited, i have navy and Sea Blue but wanted something in the middle, finally apple is offering it, definitely going to be my favorite color.

Agree that the sapphire color looks amazing. The other new ones do, too. Guess this is a good year for me and iPhone cases....

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
When buying a new phone never have I been so organised as to research and preorder a case on the internet to have it arrive before I get the phone, so I always end up buying something either from Apple or nearby because I want to have my new phone protected straight away.

Apple has a limited range in store and they like to push their own brand obviously. Their leather cases aren't bad but could be better.

Those Nomad cases do look nice and there are other good brands out there as well. I'll keep them in mind. I used to always use a fairly rugged case but I prefer the look and feel of natural materials like wood and leather.

KAZphoto

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016

Never heard of them before. Just checked them out and I'll pass. Already have purchased an Apple leather case. The Nomad case does not have dedicated buttons like Apple's has now. Also there is something about laziness as another poster mentioned. I was in the Apple Store the other week for an iPhone issue and mentioned my case crack on the last one and they were happy to give me a new one. That's why I chose them. Also, I have a black case and didn't see one on their website.

Reactions: tennisproha

neoelectronaut

macrumors 68040
Dec 3, 2003
New Orleans, LA

Never heard of Nomad but I just looked up their website.

They look like quality products but the big sticking point is that they seem to be only available in brown and black.

Of course the other sticking point is that I'm actually shopping for an iPhone SE.

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2016
Never heard of Nomad but I just looked up their website.

They look like quality products but the big sticking point is that they seem to be only available in brown and black.

Of course the other sticking point is that I'm actually shopping for an iPhone SE.
Yeah I have the brown and it develops this really cool patina. I guess it's only for people who have that kind of style.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
you got to get out more. :)

I use the blue, red and saddle brown for my iPhone 6. all are very used by now but work well. obviously nothing new for us but like getting them at discount on ebay sometimes.
Nah, in the hospital mostly everyone has a tougher case and out in the wild people have those slim cases w designs.

Reactions: yanki01
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.