Apple Launches Redesigned Jobs Website: 'Do More Than You Ever Thought Possible'

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 21, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today launched a redesigned Jobs at Apple website, complete with a new video highlighting the company's culture.

[​IMG]

The website now provides more detailed information about the various teams at Apple, grouped into the following categories: hardware, software and services, design, operations and supply chain, marketing, corporate functions, sales and business development, retail, and support and service.

Apple has profiled a handful of employees, including Divya, who manages a team responsible for developing the Apple Watch's sensors.

A new About Apple page highlights the company's innovative business practices, collaborative work environment, employee benefits, diverse workforce, and other advantages of working at the tech giant.

Apple has expanded its Students section with a list of opportunities for interns, undergrads, and graduates, ranging from the AppleCare College Program to the Apple Store Leader Program. The updated page includes a profile from a software engineer named Alexa, who describes her impact at Apple.

Apple's jobs search portal has also been updated with a cleaner design.

[​IMG]

Apple says it has created over two million jobs in the United States, including those attributable to the App Store ecosystem. Apple also says it is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.

Article Link: Apple Launches Redesigned Jobs Website: 'Do More Than You Ever Thought Possible'

2. DrJohnnyN Suspended

DrJohnnyN

3. Baymowe335 macrumors 68030

Apple is a great company, but few things are harder than the corporate grind. It's not easy.

Your biggest challenge is facing those people every day.

4. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

5. mariusignorello macrumors 65816

And hoping they like you and you fit in. If not...might as well go elsewhere.

6. Junipr macrumors regular

Junipr

Two million jobs created is great, but not one can replace the Jobs we lost :apple:

7. calstanford macrumors member

If only they hire outside the US, let alone outside of Cupertino even for any product/design/engineering related work. Out of all the big tech companies, Apple is the only one that concentrates all their development in one city

8. omglolbbq macrumors newbie

omglolbbq

Oh jeez. Give it up already.

9. lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

didn’t that hire that israeli firm to work on the iphone camera/soc hardware???

10. ipponrg macrumors 6502a

Of all the tech companies, most of Apple employees are Apple store employees. They are definitely doing more than they ever imagine

11. aaronhead14 macrumors 6502a

aaronhead14

I can't "do more than I ever thought possible" without a new Mac Pro tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

it really depends on the role and org unit. they have a lot of corp employees not based out of Cupertino or even Austin.

hopefully their hiring process is improved with this website, for a large org their hiring seems to teeter on less organized than a new start up. and it looks like they don't accept existing Apple IDs for resumes, interesting.

13. ksec macrumors 6502

applied 56 times for retail, not a single interview.

14. meaning-matters, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018

meaning-matters macrumors 6502

meaning-matters

Nice photos suggesting design/architecture, not technology, company.

15. swingerofbirch macrumors 68040

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I take issue with them saying they've created over 2 million jobs.

I provided "work" for Apple as an AppleCare representative, but I did not have a job. I was contracted by a contractor, and we were even told in training that "job" was a four letter word (it might lead to crazy ideas like Apple or this contractor having to follow labor laws). This was a gig. Neither Apple nor the contractor I was contracted by paid into Social Security. Everything about it was job-like: I was trained by Apple, I worked for Apple, Apple customers called me, I used Apple's resources to provide support, I conferenced with actual Apple employees. But I was not an Apple employee. I was dispensable. Everyone who was in my class was terminated at exactly the same time with no given cause, probably because a source of revenue for my contractor was the fact that we had to pay to be trained rather than being paid for training, like in a job. So it was profitable for them to have churn.

Apple creates a lot of gigs.

But according to a quick Google search they have 123,000 employees.

Compare that to IBM that has 380,000 and has far smaller revenues than Apple does.

16. otternonsense, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018

otternonsense macrumors 6502a

otternonsense

They could definitely use some senior UI designers to begin with. Their latest assets are ALL OVER THE PLACE (case in point, the crooked wi-fi icon in the attachment)

Sure, ok, cute ad. If they are to lure more people in, I wish they became a culture of designers and engineers again.

Without whom, we'll continue getting stillborn abominations like the Touch Bar MacBook and tacky jewelled gadgets priced with a vengeance, that we vehemently put up with because of habit and ecosystem lock-in.

DocQtrqVAAANP9T.png-large.png

17. Winni macrumors 68030

Winni

Those clips look and feel like the marketing department has run out of budget, so they decided to use the HR department's money to place some additional corporate ads -- with all the typical American doughnut sweetness: Sugar on the outside, emptiness inside, and never satisfying.

Well, it's their loss, not yours. Besides -- the salaries at Apple suck, you're most likely better off working elsewhere.

18. indiekiduk macrumors 6502

Well now we know who to blame for the touch bar. Can see two of them in the video.

19. alien3dx macrumors 6502a

alien3dx

dam confusing. It is even legal ? A gig with contract but no legal ?

20. dilbert99 macrumors 68000

Speechless.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 22, 2018 ---
    I thought they only created one jobs :D

On a serious note, I'm always skeptical of statements like this.

21. alien3dx macrumors 6502a

alien3dx

haha .dr who knew it "steve job":eek:

22. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I like this new implementation. I think it really opens and broadens more specifics of what Apple is looking for from those Who have acquired skill sets in a particular field. Plus, Now that this is actually a new site, hopefully it draws attention to new potential candidates who have a passion for Apple and their craft.

23. Kabeyun, Oct 22, 2018

Kabeyun macrumors 68000

Kabeyun

Pleading preemptively for no one to post an emoji joke. You know who you are.

24. I7guy, Oct 22, 2018

I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

How many other tech companies have huge retail businesses? Microsoft is trying to get in that space, but not quite yet.

25. jlc1978, Oct 22, 2018

jlc1978 macrumors 68020

jlc1978

Anecdotally, I've been to malls with an Apple store and MS store, one was packed and the other pretty much empty except for someone playing a video game.