Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today launched a redesigned Jobs at Apple website, complete with a new video highlighting the company's culture.

apple-jobs-800x378.jpg

The website now provides more detailed information about the various teams at Apple, grouped into the following categories: hardware, software and services, design, operations and supply chain, marketing, corporate functions, sales and business development, retail, and support and service.

Apple has profiled a handful of employees, including Divya, who manages a team responsible for developing the Apple Watch's sensors.

A new About Apple page highlights the company's innovative business practices, collaborative work environment, employee benefits, diverse workforce, and other advantages of working at the tech giant.

Apple has expanded its Students section with a list of opportunities for interns, undergrads, and graduates, ranging from the AppleCare College Program to the Apple Store Leader Program. The updated page includes a profile from a software engineer named Alexa, who describes her impact at Apple.

Apple's jobs search portal has also been updated with a cleaner design.

jobs-apple-search-800x633.jpg

Apple says it has created over two million jobs in the United States, including those attributable to the App Store ecosystem. Apple also says it is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.

Article Link: Apple Launches Redesigned Jobs Website: 'Do More Than You Ever Thought Possible'

calstanford

Suspended
Nov 25, 2014
Hong Kong
If only they hire outside the US, let alone outside of Cupertino even for any product/design/engineering related work. Out of all the big tech companies, Apple is the only one that concentrates all their development in one city

Reactions: ipponrg

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
If only they hire outside the US, let alone outside of Cupertino even for any product/design/engineering related work. Out of all the big tech companies, Apple is the only one that concentrates all their development in one city
didn’t that hire that israeli firm to work on the iphone camera/soc hardware???

ipponrg

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008

Of all the tech companies, most of Apple employees are Apple store employees. They are definitely doing more than they ever imagine

ZMacintosh

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2008

it really depends on the role and org unit. they have a lot of corp employees not based out of Cupertino or even Austin.

hopefully their hiring process is improved with this website, for a large org their hiring seems to teeter on less organized than a new start up. and it looks like they don't accept existing Apple IDs for resumes, interesting.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
I take issue with them saying they've created over 2 million jobs.

I provided "work" for Apple as an AppleCare representative, but I did not have a job. I was contracted by a contractor, and we were even told in training that "job" was a four letter word (it might lead to crazy ideas like Apple or this contractor having to follow labor laws). This was a gig. Neither Apple nor the contractor I was contracted by paid into Social Security. Everything about it was job-like: I was trained by Apple, I worked for Apple, Apple customers called me, I used Apple's resources to provide support, I conferenced with actual Apple employees. But I was not an Apple employee. I was dispensable. Everyone who was in my class was terminated at exactly the same time with no given cause, probably because a source of revenue for my contractor was the fact that we had to pay to be trained rather than being paid for training, like in a job. So it was profitable for them to have churn.

Apple creates a lot of gigs.

But according to a quick Google search they have 123,000 employees.

Compare that to IBM that has 380,000 and has far smaller revenues than Apple does.

otternonsense

Suspended
Jul 25, 2016
Berlin
They could definitely use some senior UI designers to begin with. Their latest assets are ALL OVER THE PLACE (case in point, the crooked wi-fi icon in the attachment)

Sure, ok, cute ad. If they are to lure more people in, I wish they became a culture of designers and engineers again.

Without whom, we'll continue getting stillborn abominations like the Touch Bar MacBook and tacky jewelled gadgets priced with a vengeance, that we vehemently put up with because of habit and ecosystem lock-in.

DocQtrqVAAANP9T.png-large.png

Last edited:

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
Those clips look and feel like the marketing department has run out of budget, so they decided to use the HR department's money to place some additional corporate ads -- with all the typical American doughnut sweetness: Sugar on the outside, emptiness inside, and never satisfying.

applied 56 times for retail, not a single interview.
Well, it's their loss, not yours. Besides -- the salaries at Apple suck, you're most likely better off working elsewhere.

alien3dx

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2017
I take issue with them saying they've created over 2 million jobs.

I provided "work" for Apple as an AppleCare representative, but I did not have a job. I was contracted by a contractor, and we were even told in training that "job" was a four letter word (it might lead to crazy ideas like Apple or this contractor having to follow labor laws). This was a gig. Neither Apple nor the contractor I was contracted by paid into Social Security. Everything about it was job-like: I was trained by Apple, I worked for Apple, Apple customers called me, I used Apple's resources to provide support, I conferenced with actual Apple employees. But I was not an Apple employee. I was dispensable. Everyone who was in my class was terminated at exactly the same time with no given cause, probably because a source of revenue for my contractor was the fact that we had to pay to be trained rather than being paid for training, like in a job. So it was profitable for them to have churn.

Apple creates a lot of gigs.

But according to a quick Google search they have 123,000 employees.

Compare that to IBM that has 380,000 and has far smaller revenues than Apple does.
dam confusing. It is even legal ? A gig with contract but no legal ?

dilbert99

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2012
Of all the tech companies, most of Apple employees are Apple store employees. They are definitely doing more than they ever imagine
Speechless.
[doublepost=1540200158][/doublepost]
Apple says it has created over two million jobs in the United States

I thought they only created one jobs :D

On a serious note, I'm always skeptical of statements like this.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I like this new implementation. I think it really opens and broadens more specifics of what Apple is looking for from those Who have acquired skill sets in a particular field. Plus, Now that this is actually a new site, hopefully it draws attention to new potential candidates who have a passion for Apple and their craft.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
How many other tech companies have huge retail businesses? Microsoft is trying to get in that space, but not quite yet.

Last edited:

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
How
Any other companies have huge retail businesses? Microsoft is trying?

Anecdotally, I've been to malls with an Apple store and MS store, one was packed and the other pretty much empty except for someone playing a video game.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.