Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scoop2mylue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2010
Indiana
Could you explain why you prefer it over the Pixelskin HD?

what he said

----------

apple leather... great case. good premium feel. although there have been numerous accounts of it fading and getting worn, i think it depends on your tolerance level and liking. i got the brown, and i don't mind if it ages/worn. i think it ads charm to it and part of the leather quality. now if you don't want your leather to fade, then don't get the light colors, opt for black/red/brown. OR just completely skip it and find something else. overall i love the apple leather case, its sexy looking.

agreed

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Thanks for all the help! :)
I am going to buy a Apple Leather Case.
Now the next hard choice... Black or brown on a black iPhone...
I think I have to see them in person, because the brown looks a bit orange on some pics.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Best case I have owned. Buttons are extremely responsive. Not bulking. Feels really nice. ;:)

The spigen's are nice, buttons are great, but the back being that plastic material every time you touch it with an oily\greasy finger it'll show up. Very easy to clean, but on a white iPhone I think a white or other color back would look better.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
I was rocking the apple leather case and just got my black pixelskin he yesterday. I'm going with the pixelskin personally. The fit is great and I prefer the slight amount of additional protection that the pixelskin offers as well as the lay on the table design. Both cases are great though.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I was rocking the apple leather case and just got my black pixelskin he yesterday. I'm going with the pixelskin personally. The fit is great and I prefer the slight amount of additional protection that the pixelskin offers as well as the lay on the table design. Both cases are great though.

Does the pixelskin feel more like the candy shell grip or standard candy shell? And did u get the hd or regular version?

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Does the pixelskin feel more like the candy shell grip or standard candy shell? And did u get the hd or regular version?

I got the HD. I'd say its closer to the standard candyshell. The iphone 4/4s versions of the HD were a bit softer. The 5/5s version is a bit more stiff and like plastic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.