Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkmatter343

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2017
Toronto, Canada
So is your iphone in your bag now waiting for you to complete payment on friday 5am?

I setup two with Affirm Financing, and they are in my bag waiting. I think the point of this Get Ready is more for setting up the financing; I am pre-approved so no glitches during checkout. With the pay in full payment option you should just select your saved configuration from your bag and use your credit card to complete the transaction.
Yeah it's saved in my bag. Do you know if tomorrow morning the Apple site / Apple App goes down, and stays down until pre-order goes live, or does the site stay up but you can't order until pre-order time?

Aves

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
PA
is it posted somewhere that all phones bought through apple via apple card monthly installments are UNLOCKED? Even if one selects a carrier at purchase?
yes, Apple itself says it the conditions.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    274.8 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: tivoboy

Aves

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
PA
So hopefully when I buy a TMobile iPhone it will let my activate a Verizon eSim.

it's not a T-Mobile phone, it's unlocked. I think they require you to select a carrier to share revenue accordingly, but since it's unlocked you should be ok.

In the unlikely 1% left that T-Mobile is indeed required to activate it, you can get a 10$ prepaid esim from their website, and then add your verizon esim after activation.

Tokenfreak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
it's not a T-Mobile phone, it's unlocked. I think they require you to select a carrier to share revenue accordingly, but since it's unlocked you should be ok.

In the unlikely 1% left that T-Mobile is indeed required to activate it, you can get a 10$ prepaid esim from their website, and then add your verizon esim after activation.
OK cool. If that happens I guess I'll be looking into that $10 prepaid esim lol

Reactions: Aves

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
It usually goes down (site and app) until order time.
Yes, and then never comes up again exactly at the time and you sit there refreshing the page anxiously. I havent done this in a long time, but I remember one year the mobile app was able to login faster than the web page on my computer.

I also remember in the past that preorders used to be 12:01am PST, but I think Eastern people complained because that would be 3am for them. It is easier for me to stay up late than wake up for 5am :(

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ntombi

tivoboy

macrumors 601
May 15, 2005
Does anyone know. (Well, I guess none of us have really done this with the current situation) but,

IF one buys a phone, does probably ACMI, obviously now HAS to select a carrier (don’t know if ATT is going to ding me another $35 for NOTHING), but will that new phone be required to be ACTIVATE on ATT when testing it out, or will it allow one to say “don’t active transfer cellular number now” when says, transferring image to test it out?

I’d really LIKE to order a 15 PM (haven’t liked ANY of the past PM since 11 really due to weight and heft) and test it out as I have in the past, before transferring the # from my daily driver to a new device)

Last edited:

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
I went with 512 Gb this time since I wanted it last year since I got 256 GB I want to film more let's see how it goes next year I might get 1TB for the ultra.

Plus use my drone.

Attachments

• IMG_8904.png
    IMG_8904.png
    618.7 KB · Views: 41

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Yes, and then never comes up again exactly at the time and you sit there refreshing the page anxiously. I havent done this in a long time, but I remember one year the mobile app was able to login faster than the web page on my computer.

I also remember in the past that preorders used to be 12:01am PST, but I think Eastern people complained because that would be 3am for them. It is easier for me to stay up late than wake up for 5am :(
I actually almost mentioned the constant refreshing, but I decided to be optimistic today!

Heck, I remember standing in line at the stores! Pulling up at 2am with a chair, and not even being at the front of the line for an 8am release.

This is so much easier, if slightly less exciting. I appreciate ease in my middle age.

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

Pentium

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2015
Los Angeles
I chose unlocked, so I’ll find out if they charge me the upgrade fee next week. I chose the same option last year for the 14PM and was never charged the upgrade fee.
Same here, last year was before the new policy change, which is not gonna affect you if you paid in full, only installments on Apple Card.

IantoJones

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2023
I had previously done the “get ready for preorder“, but it kept erroring when I tried to check out.

It finally let me check out, but now two preAUTHS (and two tax charge preauths) show in my AppleCard.

Only one actual ORDER shows on my account on Apple’s site, but the pre auth from the “get ready“ is sitting on my AppleCard available credit (and all chat reps are currently busy/unable to take my contact request).

Since I only checked out once, the duplicate should fall off the AppleCard as an incomplete preauth, right? Shouldn’t finish posting?
Thanks for any confirmation.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I had previously done the “get ready for preorder“, but it kept erroring when I tried to check out.

It finally let me check out, but now two preAUTHS (and two tax charge preauths) show in my AppleCard.

Only one actual ORDER shows on my account on Apple’s site, but the pre auth from the “get ready“ is sitting on my AppleCard available credit (and all chat reps are currently busy/unable to take my contact request).

Since I only checked out once, the duplicate should fall off the AppleCard as an incomplete preauth, right? Shouldn’t finish posting?
Yeah, it should fall off.

Reactions: IantoJones

IantoJones

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2023
Yeah, it should fall off.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I also asked on Reddit, and was informed I could go into the iOS app and delete the preorders (since I successfully placed non-preordered orders).

This worked, and removed the duplicate preauths from my AppleCard and available credit.

posting here in case anyone else needs this information; sincerely appreciate your having taken the time to respond.

I hope you and yours are safe and well with everything that’s been going on. Thanks again.

Nik73

macrumors regular
May 26, 2006
UK
Yeah, this was a waste of time for me. I got into the store at 13:02, but when I tried to access my preorder, it just kept giving me an error.
I gave up and just started again from scratch. All went through in a couple of minutes.

Don’t get me started on the payment debacle though.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC

Mine didn’t show in my account for about 5 minutes causing me to panic.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Yeah, this was a waste of time for me. I got into the store at 13:02, but when I tried to access my preorder, it just kept giving me an error.
I gave up and just started again from scratch. All went through in a couple of minutes.

Don’t get me started on the payment debacle though.
I had the same issue except I couldn’t get into the store until 8:17am. My “get ready preorder” disappeared from my account for about 5 minutes. My order went through at 8:21am, and I received a text around 10am regarding the charge as fraudulent. I got that sorted out and am good to go for the 22nd.

Aves

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
PA
OK cool. If that happens I guess I'll be looking into that $10 prepaid esim lol
getting back to this to tell everyone that there is indeed an activation prompt by TMobile when you set it up, but you can bypass it easily and then add your own esim. Keep pressing continue until you see a "not now" option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.