Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following the introduction of the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max, Apple is letting customers prepare for pre-orders, which are set to begin on Friday, September 15 at 5:00 a.m. Pacific Time.

iphone-15-get-ready-apple.jpg

Prospective iPhone 15 buyers can use the Apple Store app to select their preferred phone, confirm their status with their carrier, add accessories, choose an AppleCare+ plan, and add a preferred payment method ahead of when pre-orders go live. Payment in full and other payment options are supported.

iPhone Upgrade Program members are able to select their iPhones and complete pre-approval steps like checking upgrade eligibility, securing credit lines, and confirming shipping details.

The "Get Ready" feature is designed to allow customers to pre-order their iPhones with the tap of a button to make the purchasing process quicker.

The iPhone 15 is priced starting at $799, while the iPhone 15 Plus is priced starting at $899. The iPhone 15 Pro is priced starting at $999, and the iPhone 15 Pro Max is priced starting at $1,199. After pre-orders take place on September 15, a launch will follow on Friday, September 22.

Article Link: Apple Lets Customers 'Get Ready' For iPhone 15 Launch With Pre-Order Setup

mikegoldnj

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2005

Following the introduction of the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max, Apple is letting customers prepare for pre-orders, which are set to begin on Friday, September 15 at 5:00 a.m. Pacific Time.

iphone-15-get-ready-apple.jpg

Prospective iPhone 15 buyers can use the Apple Store app to select their preferred phone, confirm their status with their carrier, add accessories, choose an AppleCare+ plan, and add a preferred payment method ahead of when pre-orders go live. Payment in full and other payment options are supported.

iPhone Upgrade Program members are able to select their iPhones and complete pre-approval steps like checking upgrade eligibility, securing credit lines, and confirming shipping details.

The "Get Ready" feature is designed to allow customers to pre-order their iPhones with the tap of a button to make the purchasing process quicker.

The iPhone 15 is priced starting at $799, while the iPhone 15 Plus is priced starting at $899. The iPhone 15 Pro is priced starting at $999, and the iPhone 15 Pro Max is priced starting at $1,199. After pre-orders take place on September 15, a launch will follow on Friday, September 22.

Article Link: Apple Lets Customers 'Get Ready' For iPhone 15 Launch With Pre-Order Setup
This is the same thing they do every year.

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

Z6128

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2005
New Jersey
Last year was a mess with this for me. Did the prequalify for my iUP with no issues, but the morning of pre-orders, it wouldn’t let me do pick up in store. Had to cancel the pre-qualify and start all over again, but by the time I realized that the order pick up dates were already a few days out. Not sure if I’ll do the pre-qualify this year or not.

I’ve had ATT and Verizon lose multiple phone trade-ins on me, so I prefer going into the Apple Store to just hand them my current phone and be done with it.

howywood

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2020
Is anyone else on Verizon getting a message saying they’re not eligible for an upgrade because they’re not part of the program?

I’ve been doing this every year forever and I’ve never come across this message before. Spent about 3 hours on the phone with support for them to tell me it could just be a glitch. I sure hope it is because it doesn’t make any sense.

Attachments

• IMG_3829.png
    IMG_3829.png
    258.5 KB · Views: 92

sydneysider88

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2019
Sydney, NSW
"Get ready"? I'm so tired of the Apple gaslighting on this stuff. People who are going to buy this thing at 5 a.m. on Friday knew they what they were going to buy after the end of the webinar today. An no USB-C cable with the phone?
Wot.

Explain how the term ‘Get ready’ is an example of gaslighting.

Of course there’s a cable in the box. When have iPhones not come with a cable?

jimthing

macrumors 68000
Apr 6, 2011
Is this an Apple Store app only thing, or can you use the website too for this?

Last edited:

LuissCM

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2014
Alabama
So basically, this is a preorder to the preorder or a preorder. A-mazing 🤦🏾‍♂️
It sounds like that, but it is convenient; I'm part of and love the iPhone upgrade program.

You can check different configurations, add Apple Care, etc. You have an idea of what the final monthly payment will be, then on pre-order day, you just press a confirm order button and get it on launch day if that is important for you.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
"Get ready"? I'm so tired of the Apple gaslighting on this stuff. People who are going to buy this thing at 5 a.m. on Friday knew they what they were going to buy after the end of the webinar today. An no USB-C cable with the phone?
There is a cable included. It’s a one-meter cable with USB-C on both ends.

There is no charging brick, as has been the case for a while.

As for the “get ready,” it’s helpful to have all the options chosen and—for those applicable customers—pre-approval for the iPhone Upgrade Program, all set and ready for order.

I set mine up and added an alarm for Friday morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.