Apple Lowering iPhone Prices in Some International Markets to Boost Sales

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 29, 2019.

1. 2GoldFish macrumors regular

2GoldFish

Again (for the last time), customers retention rate in the future does not depend on historical data.

If a customer cannot justify the value of a product, then they are likely to walk away. Customers aren’t stupid (most of them anyway).

2. Baymowe335 macrumors 68040

So you’re just a permanent bear, predicting doom until you’re right. Got it.

Well, customers aren’t walking alway today.

3. 2GoldFish macrumors regular

2GoldFish

If I am a permanent bear, you are the biggest Apple fan boy. Does it work? ;)

Coming from someone who said that 'guidance' should not be used as 'forecast numbers', if I have the chance I will be the first one to vote you in to replace Timmy.

4. Baymowe335 macrumors 68040

This is the real world. Anything can happen. Apple is executing. You’re welcome to short the stock from here.

5. 2GoldFish macrumors regular

2GoldFish

Off topic. Do you think that Apple will introduce a foldable display phone in the next, 2 years? (Not a trick question, for a change)

6. Baymowe335 macrumors 68040

I have no idea. I know whatever Apple releases, it will work better than the competition. Foldable has a lot of issues to overcome and I’m not sure if people even want it.

7. 2GoldFish macrumors regular

2GoldFish

Yupe, agree re Apple would make it better than competitors.

LOOK! We finally agreed on something! LOL

8. niji Contributor

niji

there is a huge, real opportunity in all this pricing mess that apple has gotten itself into.

in 2019 September, for all iPhone launch models, give realistic pricing that is market driven (not apple internal cool-aid driven), and at the same time, give consumers what they most want:

(1) good battery life
    (2) a range of sizes: SE size, 6/6s/7/8, X/Xs, and X max/Xs max
    No more Xr madness.
    (3) ability to keep Touch ID rather than force into Face ID
    (4) no notch on at least some models

this will finally generate a true mother of all upgrades cycles for users going back to 2012.

5G can easily wait until 2020.
    and we dont want any 3 camera system that makes its stick out any more than it already does.

9. theshiver macrumors newbie

theshiver

Prices from Turkish Apple site - apple.com.tr

iPhone Xs - starting from: 9.899 TL (1.903 USD*)
    iPhone Xs Max - starting from: 10.799 TL (2.076 USD*)

* $1 = 5,20 TL

PS: Minimum wage in Turkey: 2.020 TL

10. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

I mean, I get that your prices have gone up more, but that doesn't preclude me from complaining about my prices going up. Money is money and value is value. The value is lacking.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 31, 2019 ---
    We'll see how long that works for them.
    They probably do this because most Brazilians can't even afford the iPhone at $999, so they are price gouging the rich in your country.
    I don't care what other people are paying to be honest. I look after myself and my family. Most janitors work harder than their managers. Doesn't mean they should be paid more. And it's a hell of a thing to assume that it makes me feel good that other people have it worse than me. I'm pretty neutral about it. I figure if you work hard enough you can do about anything.

11. 555gallardo macrumors regular

555gallardo

After. As a couple of users here have mentioned later, whereas in Europe the VAT is already included, in US it's not. How does it work then, if you're foreign, visit US and buy something?

12. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

I think then the foreign buyer would just pay the sales tax of the state.

Many states in the US has a “Use Tax”, but aside from CPAs and some businesses, not one actually pays it and it is too hard to enforce.

Basically means I’d you buy goods from a stare that has a lower sales tax (VAT), then you must claim that on your tax returns and pay the difference then.

Most people in the US never even heard of this tax, let alone pay it.

Maybe some other countries have similar tax laws, and maybe people don’t pay it either.