Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated its Maps app to display nearby COVID-19 vaccine providers across the United States to make it easier for people to find an appropriate location to receive the vaccination when eligible.

apple-maps-vaccinations.jpg

Vaccine location listings include operating hours, address, phone number, and a link to the provider's website where Apple Maps users can get more information about available vaccines and book an appointment.

Apple has also introduced a Siri integration for vaccines. You can ask Siri "Where can I get a COVID vaccination?" to be directed to a nearby location.

VaccineFinder, a free online service from the Boston's Children Hospital is providing the data for the new Apple Maps feature, and the initial rollout includes more than 20,000 locations. Apple plans to add more sites in the coming weeks. Healthcare providers, labs, and other businesses can also submit information on COVID-19 testing or vaccination locations on Apple's Business Register Page, and once validated, the info may be displayed on Apple Maps.

Apple Maps also includes COVID-19 testing locations in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and the United States, along with COVID-19 modules for businesses to share special hours and other information.

Article Link: Apple Maps Displays COVID-19 Vaccination Locations in United States

Elwe

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2006
Definitely good on Apple (and anyone other org that is making it easier to find such sites).

But it still bothers me that reality is such that this has to be posted under the "Political News" section. I grok that this is in fact now a political issue as much as anything else is these days, but it didn't have to be this way.

/on my soap box, yelling at the clouds . . .

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
hmm, vaccines are not freely available yet, here in CA they're still in the 65+ group and then some ... and all by appointment only, so quite frankly not sure how useful this is

Reactions: tonyr6

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Please get vaccinated if you can. I understand there will always be a percentage of people who refuse to get one no matter what you tell them. That's their decision, whether you agree with them or not. Protect yourself though. Protect your parents or maybe a sibling/cousin with a compromised immune system. Instead of picking apart which vaccine has what percentage efficacy, you're 100% vulnerable without one.

Hodar1

macrumors regular
I assume you realize that the vaccine “reprograms” your DNA? Astra has been linked to deaths due to blood clots, Pfizer creates an immune response to asythin-1, which is used in the formation of placenta. All have a lower immunity rating than catching COVID which presently has a 99.7% survival rate below 70yrs of age (per Dec CDC tables)

if you want to participate in a medical experiment, I freely and unconditionally offer you my doses.

w5jck

Suspended
Nov 9, 2013
It doesn’t show much. In the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, home to 7.6 million people, Apple Maps only shows three locations, and all three are in big chain pharmacies. It totally doesn’t show any of the mega sites set up by FEMA, the counties, the cities, or the state. Totally useless, unless you live in Boston I guess. ?

Thankfully I’m already scheduled for my 2nd vaccination shot so no big deal to me. But for those who still need to find a location it is a major fail in my area...

Reactions: macinct

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I assume you realize that the vaccine “reprograms” your DNA? Astra has been linked to deaths due to blood clots, Pfizer creates an immune response to asythin-1, which is used in the formation of placenta. All have a lower immunity rating than catching COVID which presently has a 99.7% survival rate below 70yrs of age (per Dec CDC tables)

if you want to participate in a medical experiment, I freely and unconditionally offer you my doses.
I gladly participated to the medical experiment in December and January. My wife participated a couple of weeks ago. Still well and alive.
Contrary, a member of my family died of Covid, and a sibling of mine and one of my in-laws almost died. My sibling will carry symptoms and issues for the next few months and due to clots caused by covid he's at risk of dying still, after months. And my in-law is still recovering (he got it in November).

Oh, and I am a staunch conservative as my PRSI friends know.

CJ Dorschel

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2019
Berlin
100% propoganda and misinformation
Please, do tell. When did you become an epidemiologist and where did you study?

Having actually worked on a covid-19 task force in the tri-state area and having watched as loved ones said goodbye to their family behind glass windows and nurses and doctors risk their lives for you and countless others, your rhetoric is dangerous and should be removed as you are putting others’ lives at risk with misinformation.

I have personally lost friends who were healthy, young, and not at all considered high risk - including Nick Cordero.

If you don’t care about others at least show some modicum of respect for those who have lost loved ones to a virus you claim is “Propaganda“. I would say more but I’ll be respectful.

CJ Dorschel

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2019
Berlin

Honest to god, this level of misinformation and lack of basic education is astonishing.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
"Where can I get a COVID vaccination?"

For most of us, that happens in a place called the future.
Vaccination. Vaccination.
Future. Future.
Are you ready for the...
... vaccination, whoa whoa whoa!
The future is a...
...coming, hey hey hey!
Future. Future.

. . .

. . .

Vaccination are the future!
Vaccine!

Reactions: eatrains
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.