Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo

Skittlebug

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
I ordered two phones for redundancy.

One on Apple, one on ATT.

My original ATT estimate for shipping was 7-10 days. It's now after the 2nd week in November.

Someone somewhere didn't estimate correctly, or was told false information in the chain of supply which is leading to this huge difference.

I did the same thing!!!!!!

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
I did the same thing!!!!!!

Ya. After realizing that the Apple Store wasn't coming online on time for preorders and ATT's website was early, then M.I.A., I used iOS Apple store and FINALLY got through on ATT a couple hours after preorder commission.

A cancel here, and a reorder there, I am now having delivered two Gold 128 phones. A 6 and a 6+. Figure I'll use the 6 more for actual phone calls and places I don't want a huge phone to be awkward. I'll use the 6Plus more for pictures, gaming, and internet browsing.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
OK. Go ahead and believe your theory then. I've been buying iPhones from ATT since Day One and preordering when available so I'm familiar with the history. Go back to the iPhone 5 launch which is a great example of how orders come in faster than ATTs inventory system can keep up with. They widely oversold that one and had to issue a mea culpa.

How did any preorders you may have done pan out? Seems like it's not going to even get better any time soon because of the next wave of launches and NO meaningful stock of either phone at many stores.

----------

Looks like Apple will deliver all as promised, and att will be better, delivering Oct orders on launch day. However, att is pulling from store stock to do this, so expect much less in store on launch day.

How did your preorders go? I have friends that are due for the first week of October since day one of preorders and waiting patiently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.