Apple Messed Up ON My Order????

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WickedPuddin, Jul 6, 2011.

1. WickedPuddin macrumors member

Hi, i just received my MBP 13' which i ordered with a dvi mini display adapter but i cant find it in the box!!! Any ideas????

2. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

3. jesterscourt macrumors regular

Contact :apple: They will do the right thing. They sent the wrong 3G device to my parents, and then sent them a free bluetooth keyboard and offered to exchange it for the correct iPad as well.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's also possible that it shipped separately. Don't panic. Just call them.

5. cmaier macrumors G3

I'd hate to see how the OP reacts to a real problem.

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

7. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

Holy Crap! From the thread title, I thought they sent you a DELL instead :p

As others have pointed out, it is possible that the adapter shipped separately. It'd be a good idea to call them to make sure though.

8. WickedPuddin thread starter macrumors member

when i track the orders, there is no additional order saying my adapter is coming. Tried to call them but it says they are close, maybe ill try later.

9. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

ROFL.

Add that to the list below:

[​IMG]

10. cinek macrumors 6502

11. cmaier macrumors G3

Thanks for the update.

12. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Brilliant. That is a terrific list, very funny, and oh, far too true.

13. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

Wait, everyone go outside and scream at the UPS, FedEx, DHL and any other delivery trucks. The newbies can simply whine like little babies. Oh, that's right he already has.

14. WickedPuddin thread starter macrumors member

I dont understand why this is funny to you... Why wouldnt you worry if something you ordered as a custom order WITH your laptop didnt come with it. And when you check the order status, only the laptop and the case I order show up...

15. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

You ordered a case too? Has it arrived yet? The adaptor is with the case. So relax. The computers come from China and accessories always ship separate to the computer.

16. cmaier macrumors G3

It's a minor inconvenience, probably it will arrive separately, and, in any case, the thing to do is to contact Apple and not to post about it on a forum.

I ordered Chinese food takeout yesterday, and when I got it home there was no white rice!!! I must immediately post about it on the world wide web!

17. aristobrat macrumors G4

What's to worry about? Do you feel that someone committed fraud against you? Ordering and shipping mistakes happen. It's part of life. Why worry?

Does it show where you were charged for the adapter? On the confirmation email of your order, does it show the adapter listed there?

18. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

Most people would simply pick up the phone or use the live chat on apple.com to inquire about their order. Was the other item supposed to be in the same box? Would it be shipped separately or is it on back order? These are details that should be asked of Apple. As someone new to this forum, I would first use the search option if I hadn't already called Apple. Odds are it's already been asked before. Or are you special and you needed to create a new thread?

19. islanders macrumors 6502

Did you read the shipping notification? This is what mine read.

"We are pleased to inform you that one or more of your items has shipped. Please see the details of the shipment below. If you ordered more than one item, they may ship separately."

- The Apple Store

Makes sense they would put an adapter in it's own envelope instead of putting the computer box and adapter in bigger box.

The nice thing about Apple is you can get customer service on the line in no time flat. If they did make a mistake with your adapter they will get it to you pretty quick.

20. neondrgns macrumors regular

neondrgns

look harder that 13' laptop box must be gigantic

21. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

I guess you are asking for an explanation.

Basically, we are all laughing at you because you came to the internet like a potential shipping mistake is the end of the world, asking for "ideas" on how to rectify the issue. Generally, the "idea" would be to call the seller. It is more likely you did not read your invoice and the item will ship separately and Apple did not make a mistake.

Either way, the solution to your potential problem is self-evident; pick up the phone or send an email.

Mistakes happen all the time. As long as they are not endemic in the performance of a company, how these mistakes are rectified is the way to judge a company.

22. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I don't understand why everyone is being an ass to the OP. If you don't like the thread or find it stupid, just go somewhere else instead of insulting someone who has a question.

23. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

That's not how the internets work ;)

24. WickedPuddin thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I got home from school today and managed to call apple in time. They said that they must have made a mistake so they are sending me another adapter. :D

Also, I dont understand why everyone is laughing still... -.- I was just aw bit worried that I didnt get my adapter with my computer and I didnt realize that I made it sound like the end of the world. I never knew this place had such a hostile environment. The only reason why I posted on here was because the apple online support had already closed when I called them and I wanted to see what the community thought and if they had the same problem before. Therefore I wouldnt need to go through any unnecessary steps.

I am sorry if there were any misassumptions but I am getting my adapter soon and that is what I wanted so I am happy.

Have a nice day :)