Apple messed with everyone

Discussion in 'iPad' started by utl768, Oct 23, 2012.

1. utl768 macrumors 6502

i love the company buts its total bs what they did with the full size ipad

bought one on launch and now its obsolete

u usually get at least a year

2. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Boo hoo, you don't have the latest and greatest any more. It was bound to happen. Your iPad still does everything that you bought it to do.

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Except for running twice as fast as the new one. :D

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

With Samsung, you get it about 24 hours-48 hours...

I don't see any people whining.... about that.
    Android people say choices are good...
    6 months is certainly better than 6 hours.

6. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Awe, poor you. Let me play you the song of my people...

[​IMG]

7. I Am Canadian macrumors newbie

Take a pill. I'm still using a first generation that clocks like it did the day I got it. This update was inevitable. Be proud you have the New (old) iPad and not the first (ancient) iPad like me.

8. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Same boat. I don't even use it anymore. I feel like I can't because it runs everything so poorly and I don't want to look at a non-retina display when I have an iPhone 5 and an rMBP.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

OP you're off your rocker. It's not obsolete because it works perfectly. Hell, I'm using it now and it's still a wonderful upgrade to the iPad 1 that I own. Calm yourself and go buy the latest and greatest. Clearly, you don't understand tech.

10. aka777 macrumors 6502a

You see the logic here. Too bad your quip fails to accept or grasp what Obama meant. Most businesses have employees, who indeed generate the majority of the profit.

For example, it's not Tim Cook designing, engineering, manufacturing, or selling these products -- it's his employees.

11. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

+1. The iPad 3 will no doubt get software updates for as long as the current lineup (Mini+IPad2) Its hardly unfit for purpose anymore. I dont see what the big deal is, product revisions on products all the time. What makes Apple customers feel they've been conned when theres a product revision? I'll tell you why; most nowadays are more concerned with having the latest and greatest gadget trophy rather than buying a quality tech appliance.

12. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

its obsolete because you are too concerned with keeping up with the joneses. True story!

If it still works, why are you upset? You might want to take a long look at yourself before you complain about them launching an update!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOM!!

YEA THAT JUST HAPPENED!

13. jojoba macrumors 68000

14. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

This confirms the age and mentality of most users in this forum!:rolleyes:

15. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I'm not so sure about that. The iPad 2 kept up with the iPad 3 because the A5X was just enough of an upgrade to run all the same apps with a retina display--but barely. However, I think there may be several apps released in the near future that can only run well on the 4th generation iPad now that it has a processor that can do the job. There is a reason Apple discontinued the iPad 3 outright, rather than keep it around as the discount option.

16. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

LOL. iPad 3 is the child you adopted cause you thought you couldn’t have a kid, then you get pregnant 6 months later. Now what?

Let's just ignore the red headed middle child even though he's perfectly fine.

17. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it's called greed. They're now soaking the ipad 2 (and it's parts - reused in the mini) for all it's worth because the parts are outdated, but still being bought up.

18. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

Damn right its total BS. I'm gonna go demand an exchange for my car that I just got under a year ago cause I can't believe Nissan came out with a newer model that includes the backup cam for free! They TOTALLY screwed us over!

19. rnbgrilla macrumors member

i see your point, because lets just say if apple released ipad 4th gen in spring, like they did with the last 3, & with that specs will WILL BE crying..... still saying " THATS ALL, OMG APPLE COULD HAVE DONT BETTER".
    but still they should of not gave the name ipad 4, maybe updated New ipad or ipad 3S.

20. mac jones macrumors 68040

21. bomikepa macrumors member

im just glad i returned my ipad yesterday. It was the last day of my 14 day and i thought i would just return it today. Whats an extra day right...and besides everyone was saying that it would just be a connector and nothing else but then i thought i should return it just incase and buy it again if there were no updates...well WHAT DO YA KNOW!

22. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

its not discontinued, it is still being sold

23. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Not on the Apple website--as new anyway. Resellers will offer it until stock is sold out and Apple may sell it as a refurb.

24. Xanthos macrumors member

It may not be obsolete in the US. But it is in countries where the iPad 3's LTE frequency is not compatible with.

25. bomikepa macrumors member

apple now ONLY sells the THREE as a refurbed