Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A number of users are reporting that several Apple services including Apple Music and content served via the Apple TV app are currently down. Apple has yet to update its System Status page to reflect any outages, but we will update this post as more information becomes available.

apple-music-products.jpg

Apple Music users are seeing "Loading" text when trying to play tracks or browse, while users trying to view certain Apple TV+ content and movies rented through the TV app have seen their streams stop functioning.

Update 8:20 pm: While Apple has still yet to acknowledge the outage on its status page, users are reporting that the affected services are once again functioning normally.

Article Link: Apple Music and Apple TV Services Currently Down [Updated]

Last edited:

holodoctor1

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
Oh good- I was watching Sisu and it errorred. Thought I was going crazy. Couldn’t even get it to airplay from a downloaded copy on my iPad to the Apple TV!

Reactions: Brad7

SFjohn

macrumors 68020
Sep 8, 2016
8:24PM and Apple TV is just static, it’s down completely.
8:35PM and Apple TV is working again.
10 to 15 minutes down isn’t too bad, first time for us (but we’re not big TV viewers).

Last edited:

RalfTheDog

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2010
Lagrange Point
Okay, that's the 10th time in the month now , am i right ?

I'm guessing apple is shifting to a new backend. Or they just **** up

Why has this been happening so much recently?
It could be related to Apple. If I had to guess, I would say it is a problem with the Content Delivery Network Apple uses.

Edited because: I posted Content Development Network. I suspect my brain is suffering an outage.

ewartjohn11

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
Was listening to Miley’s New album and halfway through it just stopped loading anything at all. Still can’t access music

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
I was playing a song through my phone, then put on my AirPods Max and got a message indicating that I was playing Apple Music on another device (which wasn't true), and then it simply stopped playing.

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
It was down for me too for a little but now I want a partial refund from Apple for the disruption. Is that possible?
I was watching my newly purchased movie Dragons and Dungeons and it failed in last 20 minutes. It was down maybe 10-15 minutes at least before I could continue. No movies, tv shows would work on Apple TV @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.