Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Apple has yet to update its System Status page to reflect any outages

Do they ever update the system status page for anything? I’ve seen multiple outages of various Apple services, but I’ve never seen the page reflect any problems. It’s almost like they run it like a government where even if things are falling apart, they will claim everything is just fine… Nothing to see here 😂

mdnz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
The Netherlands
It was down for me too for a little but now I want a partial refund from Apple for the disruption. Is that possible?
timcooklaughing.jpg

t0rqx

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2021
Unless it is 99.997% outage it either never happend or just a "small number of users" affected just like the butterfly keyboards.

Reactions: rjjacobson

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
This is another good argument to own your stuff instead of renting it (with the exception of one-off movies).
@Someyoungguy I own a number of movies but just do not always download to save space. Until this past year never a problem but last night I was watching a new movie I had just purchased on my iPad and this outage occurred last 20 minutes of movie for maybe 10-15 minutes. So not an advantage unless you choose to download your TV and Movies locally which I had gotten out of habit in doing…

dmylrea

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
This is another good argument to own your stuff instead of renting it (with the exception of one-off movies).
It's an argument, but not a good one. Almost no one has unlimited money to buy every movie they might ever want to watch (I presume you mean buying physical media that does not require any services). Even if I did have unlimited money, I wouldn't want to waste most of it on crappy movies that I wound up buying but did not enjoy.

There are so many more advantages to streaming that offset an occasional outage of a service. Jeez, even cable would go out every now and then. Internet goes out. Electricity goes out. Should we all have solar and battery walls to offset that once-in-a-blue-moon power outage?

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
The only thing annoying about this stuff is it always seems to happen when I'm starting something new or changing something. Changed to the new VZW Plan and added AM Family. Kept getting cannot connect on my wife's phone until it finally said welcome to AM Family.

gccumber

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2011
Brainless speculation: I wonder if all these outages are b/c Apple is retooling and testing these services for iOS17…

Reactions: rjjacobson
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.