Apple Music - Browse to Genres

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by icloudUser, Jul 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. icloudUser macrumors member

Well, to get to the genre of interest in the music app:
    1. Tap Browse
    2. Scroll to genres
    3. new page - select your genre and tap
    4. finally the genre page

Steps 1 and 2 are a massive waste of time (for me at at least) and poor usability choice on this UI. More so because the UI resets back to browse page often

I tried creating shortcuts for this but to no avail and even looked around in the "For you" and tried Siri :p

Possible solutions: Put Genres at the top (eliminating step 1) OR list recent genres at the top in the For you Page

Is anybody with me on this?

comments/thoughts/solutions?

(on iOS 12.3.1)

2. Brenster macrumors 6502a

You’re not alone in finding the ‘relocation’ of the Genre button further down the page, necessitating scrolling past numerous New Releases (don’t care), Hot Songs (not interested in the slightest what ‘everyone else’ is listening to), Daily Top 100 (see previous) and New Playlists and other highlighted content that not only could you not pay me to listen to, but should be apparent from my listening history that I am simply not interested in.

I’ve love to think that someone out there is having to scroll past endless new and highlighted deep catalogue Classical suggestions and recommendations in order to get to the latest hit and happening urban tracks....

3. swandy macrumors 6502

4. icloudUser, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019

icloudUser thread starter macrumors member

Ok I found a workaround.

Search <your genre> using the search option. Make sure you select Apple Music (and not your lib) as the filter (tab)

So, down to 5 taps to get to your genre (including opening the music app) but minus the predicament of going to the
    browse page and all that mindless scrolling!

Feedback is on the way.

Its a real shame though that shortcuts cannot be used for this simple automation!!