Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Music- interested or not?

• Yes- can't wait to try the 3 month trial, most likely will pay afterwards

Votes: 55 56.7%
  • Yes- will try it out, not sure if I'll pay when trial is over

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • No- I use another streaming service

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • No- I don't like streaming music

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
You guys are totally missing the point. There is more music in the world than you could ever own. I buy my favorite albums on CD and rip them Lossless, therefore I own those. However there is tons of music I don't need to own and love to discover new music. 10$ a month is a steal to have access to millions of tacks not to mention the avenue of discovery it provides. If you a truly a music fan than you have been waiting your whole life for this. If you only listen to top 40 then I can understand.

Only if they have music you like. I don't listen to a lot of main stream music, I listen to soundtracks and fan-created remixes a lot and those won't be there.

It's a good service for some, but not others. Zelda Reorchestrated won't be on there, Kingdom Hearts orchestrations won't be there. Switchfoot and Hammock should be, but I already own their songs.

Suspended
Apr 4, 2009
Are we going to be able to stream almost every single album on the iTunes store then? or is it only like radio based...?

malnar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
If they have the older music then yes. If it is all modern millennium crap then no thanks.
Why would it only be "millienium crap"? Have you never seen a streaming service before? Most music that you can buy is available through all of them - "millenium crap" and "pre-millenium crap." BOTH types of music!

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
Meh! So far Apple Music is "aight". Maybe it'll grow on me after some time. I already migrated over from Beats. Idk it's too soon to tell. Anyone know the bit rate Apple Music uses?

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Meh! So far Apple Music is "aight". Maybe it'll grow on me after some time. I already migrated over from Beats. Idk it's too soon to tell. Anyone know the bit rate Apple Music uses?

If I'm not mistaken, it is iTunes Plus (256kbps AAC, not mp3)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.