Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Hey everyone,

I like the new album "Everythings for Sale" by Boogie, so I've added all of the songs to my 2 playlists. I deliberately go to the explicit version of the album and add the songs from there. However, when I navigate over to my playlists, I notice that for a splitsecond the "E" for explicit will appear next to the song name, and then it disappears! Basically, the explicit song is swapped out with the censored version.

I have a ton of music in my playlists so I can't say for sure if it has happened before, but this is the first time I noticed it. Only 1 song out of the entire album remains explicit, the rest get replaced with censored versions.

Have anyone experienced this?

Reactions: kdaghay

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
On your iPhone, tap Settings> General> Restrictions

On Mac:
Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 5.01.16 PM.png

Reactions: felixen

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Sorry, Apple moved it.
Settings> Screen Time(weird spot)> Content & Privacy> Content Restrictions> Music, Podcasts & News
Much appreciated. It was already set to explicit though. And most of my songs also remain explicit on my playlists. But for whatever reason this album is being replaced with the censored songs once added to my playlists (except for one of the songs which remains explicit)

Reactions: kdaghay

kdaghay

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2019
Much appreciated. It was already set to explicit though. And most of my songs also remain explicit on my playlists. But for whatever reason this album is being replaced with the censored songs once added to my playlists (except for one of the songs which remains explicit)
I’m experiencing exactly the same...

kdaghay

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2019
So as said I was experiencing the same issue. However today, with the help of a colleague and fiddling around the following seems to have solved the issue for me. First look up the song in your library and delete it. Proceed then by adding the explicit song to your library. Find the song back in your library and then add it to your playlist. Now you have the explicit version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.