Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Music subscribers can now listen to their "Replay 2021" playlist as of today. This playlist ranks all of the music you've been listening to on Apple Music from 1 to 100, with your most-streamed songs ranked at the top of the list.

apple-music-replay-2021.jpg

Just like last year's Replay playlist, Replay 2021 will update every week on Sunday, constantly changing as you listen to more songs on Apple Music. By the end of the year, you'll have an overall snapshot of the tracks you listened to the most in 2021.

The Replay 2021 playlist can be found at the bottom of the Listen Now tab in Apple Music, as well as on Apple Music for the web. If you head to the web version, you'll also get a few more pieces of data like most streamed artists and albums, as well as detailed play counts and hours listened data.

As of now, this secondary information is still reflecting 2020 streaming stats. Apple still hasn't made this information available directly in the Apple Music app.

Apple Music Replay is Apple's version of Spotify Wrapped, but there are differences. Spotify Wrapped doesn't track songs throughout the year, but it's far more popular when it's shared in December thanks to easily shareable infographics generated by Spotify based on each user's listening habits.

While Apple Music Replay is available year-round, the playlist doesn't tend to change much once you get far enough into the year, and Apple still hasn't provided a year-end recap that its subscribers can post to social media platforms.

Head to the Apple Music app or Apple Music on the web to add the Replay 2021 playlist to your library.

Article Link: Apple Music 'Replay 2021' Playlist Now Available

adammusic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
No way is this accurate.
My 2019 list has tracks I probably listened to once in there.

but my 2020 & 2021 lists are all absolutely filled with tracks from Max Richters Sleep, bc thats what I use to fall asleep to, so this is useless for me going forward lol
Max Richters Sleep has 204 tracks lol

Last edited:

iMerik

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Upper Midwest
What's the best way to play something like "Most Liked and More" where Apple Music will play a combination of your most liked songs but also songs related to those songs and artists?

xDENTALPLANx

macrumors regular
May 22, 2018
New Zealand
Slightly odd that the top albums section disappeared from the web version of Replay for both 2020 and 2021.

It seems like such a simple thing to be recorded (as shown by Spotify), I wonder why Apple seemingly cant get this feature out of Beta?

Schranke

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ohh I wish I could tell it not to take songs from a specific playlist... My running mix makes up most of this, and don't get me wrong I love those songs, but it would be nice if I could highlight some less players songs I listen to on other occasions.

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA

Apple Music subscribers can now listen to their "Replay 2021" playlist as of today. This playlist ranks all of the music you've been listening to on Apple Music from 1 to 100, with your most-streamed songs ranked at the top of the list.

apple-music-replay-2021.jpg

Just like last year's Replay playlist, Replay 2021 will update every week on Sunday, constantly changing as you listen to more songs on Apple Music. By the end of the year, you'll have an overall snapshot of the tracks you listened to the most in 2021.

The Replay 2021 playlist can be found at the bottom of the Listen Now tab in Apple Music, as well as on Apple Music for the web. If you head to the web version, you'll also get a few more pieces of data like most streamed artists and albums, as well as detailed play counts and hours listened data.

As of now, this secondary information is still reflecting 2020 streaming stats. Apple still hasn't made this information available directly in the Apple Music app.

Apple Music Replay is Apple's version of Spotify Wrapped, but there are differences. Spotify Wrapped doesn't track songs throughout the year, but it's far more popular when it's shared in December thanks to easily shareable infographics generated by Spotify based on each user's listening habits.

While Apple Music Replay is available year-round, the playlist doesn't tend to change much once you get far enough into the year, and Apple still hasn't provided a year-end recap that its subscribers can post to social media platforms.

Head to the Apple Music app or Apple Music on the web to add the Replay 2021 playlist to your library.

Article Link: Apple Music 'Replay 2021' Playlist Now Available

I'm not seeing it. I have 20 and 19, but not 2021.

FightTheFuture

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2003
that town east of ann arbor
Apple needs to include a feature where we can block certain songs from appearing in the playlist. I have way too many little kid songs in that playlist since I play music for my 5-year-old cousins. Please, Apple.
My Replay list almost entirely mirrors my workout playlist - which I use specifically to get psyched up. Really don’t need that all compiled.

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
Well, I got to the page for the 21 playlist but it says I haven't listened to enough music to make a playlist yet. I've listened to quite a few songs already this year. What is the threshold for music I need to listen to to get a playlist.

midkay

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2008
What's the best way to play something like "Most Liked and More" where Apple Music will play a combination of your most liked songs but also songs related to those songs and artists?
I think that would just be your personal radio station, which should play a mix of both your own favorite tracks and suggested new tracks.

Reactions: iMerik

erinsarah

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2011
Apple needs to include a feature where we can block certain songs from appearing in the playlist. I have way too many little kid songs in that playlist since I play music for my 5-year-old cousins. Please, Apple.

Agreed...my problem is that I have a "running" playlist of about 100 songs that I shuffle each time I go for a run. The Replay list is nothing but that running playlist, shuffled yet again.

a.jfred

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Austin, TX
Well, I got to the page for the 21 playlist but it says I haven't listened to enough music to make a playlist yet. I've listened to quite a few songs already this year. What is the threshold for music I need to listen to to get a playlist.
It'll never display anything for me - I have Apple Music, but I only use the streaming portion to listen to an album before I decide to buy it. I'm old fashioned & download the songs to my phone & listen that way.

No streaming service will EVER give me the variety of music I want to listen to in a day. I tried one of their curated playlists, and didn't make it past 5 songs before I gave up - I was stuck with 1 genre, and every single song sounded exactly the same. No thank you.

mr.bee

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2007
Antwerp, belgium
No way is this accurate.

but my 2020 & 2021 lists are all absolutely filled with tracks from Max Richters Sleep, bc thats what I use to fall asleep to, so this is useless for me going forward lol
True, I gave feedback last year that it was inaccurate but never received a reply.

In Music on macOS you can add a column 'count' which gives an indication of what you have played, but it's for all years. But even then, new songs added in 2020, that had a higher count than some of my older songs from previous years, were still lower on the list.
I assume the count is the sum of all devices for which you allow count on as I rarely play music on my MacBook Pro.

It's intriguing that they promote this even tho it's objectively inaccurate.

Reactions: PimpDaddy

PimpDaddy

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2007
It’s showing up for me. Check under the “Listen Now” tab.

-
I don’t know what algorithm it uses but it doesn’t seem to be accurate. I have songs on top 10 that I haven’t listen to more than 3-4 times.

No way is this accurate.

Same here. Have songs showing up in top-10 for previous years with a bunch of songs I know I have played some times but for sure not enough to make it my most played songs!!

Reactions: nortonandreev
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.