Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wildhope

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2017
NY
I love this feature personally. Sometimes its not always accurate for whatever reason. I listened to a song over 100 that wasn't on my 2020 list last year.

Swendel

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2021
Apple needs to include a feature where we can block certain songs from appearing in the playlist. I have way too many little kid songs in that playlist since I play music for my 5-year-old cousins. Please, Apple.
You can block individual devices from being counted. It's in the music settings. I block my iPad mini and use it for my reading music. Uncheck listening history.

Attachments

• 77DF83BA-F011-4704-9A4E-08EE4517AA9A.png
    77DF83BA-F011-4704-9A4E-08EE4517AA9A.png
    700.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

hj8ag

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2014
I like the feature but find it really annoying it doesn’t count your own uploaded music.

I have a bunch of ‘unreleased’ AFX tracks from soundcloud that I’ve absolutely rinsed since they were added to my library and they don’t show up in any of these playlists.

should appear and be greyed out or similar if they’re not available for others

Caviar_X

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
This feature is crap compared to Spotify Wrapped. Apple has a lot of catching up to do before they are any where near Spotify’s reach and innovation.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tech for Kings

thefourthpope

Contributor
Sep 8, 2007
DelMarVa
Apple needs to include a feature where we can block certain songs from appearing in the playlist. I have way too many little kid songs in that playlist since I play music for my 5-year-old cousins. Please, Apple.
So true. 2015 is good. 2016 is solid. 2017 . . . Moana takeover.

eddiezus

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2019
i wish there was a feature to “combine” tracks or something. artists these days are dropping album then dropping deluxe versions 3 months later so i end up replacing the original album with the deluxe version. my 2020 playlist basically has every The Weeknd songs from After Hours on there twice because of it. :(

Canyda

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2020
i wish there was a feature to “combine” tracks or something. artists these days are dropping album then dropping deluxe versions 3 months later so i end up replacing the original album with the deluxe version. my 2020 playlist basically has every The Weeknd songs from After Hours on there twice because of it. :(
Yup. I second this. I just deleted the “single” version of a song because it’s been replaced by the “album” version.

And then Replay 2021 shows me today that the “single” version is my #1 most listened to song so far this year. So I expect the album version to catch up to it soon.

wanha

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2020
I hope Apple continues to further flesh this feature out (because as it stands, it's pretty half-baked in its implementation compared to Spotify), but looking at their track record with anything social, I'm not holding my breath.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.