Apple Music Revamp in iOS 10 Introduces Colorful Design and Simpler Interface

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 13, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

At WWDC today, Apple revealed an all-new Apple Music redesign while also confirming that the service has officially reached 15 million paid subscribers. The redesign introduces a bright and simplistic aesthetic and a new "Library" launch tab on the bottom left.

[​IMG]

According to Apple, the new design language brings "greater clarity and simplicity to every aspect of the experience." The Library, For You, Browse and Radio tabs have gone through a design change that will give the user "an even greater sense of place."

The company has also begun to better differentiate streaming and downloaded songs in the new iOS 10 version of Apple Music, with a specifically designated "Downloaded Music" section located within the app. A few other minor additions include a new lyrics feature and revamped "For You" tab with daily curated playlists aimed at each Apple Music user.

Article Link: Apple Music Revamp in iOS 10 Introduces Colorful Design and Simpler Interface

2. bgro macrumors 65816

I am embarrassed to use Apple Music after that presentation

3. Huskoner macrumors member

Huskoner

She's like a female Larry David.
    Cringe.

4. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

My god that live rap thing was so awkward. Why did this happen that was so cringey.

Other than that I hope it's better for local music.

5. chrismail627 macrumors regular

chrismail627

Looks better, but I'm not sure if it's enough. Gotta try it out

6. Woyzeck macrumors 6502

Wow, the "Downloaded Music" menu changes everything...

7. iLoveDeveloping macrumors 6502

Wow that new Apple Music looks even crappier than it is already!!! So sad. And what the hell is all this China and rap? Seriously Apple.. It's a big cringe, and obviously only to attract specific customers that weren't buying your products so you can say the sales are still going up!

8. cliffster82 macrumors 6502

9. ghostface147 macrumors 68030

ghostface147

That was pretty a pretty bad demo. I don't mind the updates, but the presentation? Whoa....

10. Joehascol macrumors newbie

They somehow managed to make this look worse. The fonts in particular are quite un-apple.

11. KALLT macrumors 601

What an utterly ugly look, so terrible. It looks like a website with a CSS error (<h1>For You</h1>). Very messy and it breaks lots of design conventions on iOS. Apple has no standards anymore.

12. tonyr6 macrumors 65816

tonyr6

13. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 603

T'hain Esh Kelch

Sigh, still Apple Music plastered all over the place. Some of us don't care about it at all.

14. KazKam macrumors 6502

KazKam

As a non(and never-likely-to-be)-subscriber to Apple Music, I see nothing here to address my (and I'm sure many of the other more than 500,000,000 iOS users') issues with the way Apple hijacked the Music app for its subscription/streaming service. It's the same music library cluster**** with a slightly different skin.

Though I can't see how they would fix any of my own concerns until they do what they should have done from the beginning... a separate app for their music service, and a separate app for playing all of your local/owned/downloaded/non-subscription-based music.

15. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Can I have a downloaded music only app instead? thanks apple...

even the new lyrics is improperly done, amazon music shows you what part of the song is currently playing.

16. stoopkidblues macrumors 6502

stoopkidblues

I love Apple Music but I agree that font is terrible but maybe it won't be the final design come the fall. A lot can change via betas

17. Sandstorm macrumors 6502a

Sandstorm

So so SO glad I decided to stick with Spotify.

18. tonyr6 macrumors 65816

tonyr6

I forgot this is a beta I was worried that this was going to change today. Maybe the beta users will leave negative feedback and they will tweak it more. It really needs a dark theme. The white is brutal. At least the older current Apple Music app has color this looks like a pink ugly white theme. Terrible look.

19. DrumApple macrumors 6502a

Lol looks even worse. They should just cut their losses and buy Spotify if they want to own the best music app & service.

20. jsmith189 macrumors 68000

jsmith189

21. Altis macrumors 68030

My thoughts as well. It's starting to look very generic and inconsistent with the thinned fonts that have been the standard since iOS 7-8.

22. XMZ-250 macrumors member

XMZ-250

I still prefer the Apple Music design in iOS 9.

23. stoopkidblues macrumors 6502

stoopkidblues

Can't lie, Spotify is what got me into the streaming game but I prefer native apps to work just as well and iTunes music library just has more to offer than Spotify. But I think their curation def surpasses Apple's. At least for now.

I'll be sure to leave some negative remarks regarding a few of the design changes ;) the font just doesn't seem Apple-esque and I wish the album artwork remained the same size we have now. And can I have my dang cover flow (landscape) navigation back!?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 13, 2016 ---
    Lol meh doubt Spotify would ever sell now that they know they're a major competitor. The competition could be good for both services?

24. d00d macrumors regular

I was waiting for this as well. Time to check out Google's offering I guess.

25. 2crazy macrumors regular

2crazy

Not too excited about this one. All I really need is a way to download and play the music purchases I made. The whole social aspects and recommendations don't work so well for me.