Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Billie Eilish, Orville Peck, Megan Thee Stallion, and Anderson Paak are among the artists featured in a colorful new Apple Music ad shared on YouTube over the weekend. The video is titled "Worldwide," reflecting Apple Music's availability in 165 countries.

"Apple Music brings you closer than ever to iconic artists, rising stars, new discoveries, and legendary entertainers," the video description says.

Last week, Apple renamed its worldwide radio station Beats 1 to Apple Music 1. The station can be accessed through the Radio tab in the Music app across the iPhone, iPad, Mac, and other devices, with no Apple Music subscription required.

apple-music-worldwide-ad-featured.jpg

Launched in 2015, the newly renamed Apple Music 1 is a 24-hour live radio station broadcast by Zane Lowe, Ebro Darden, and other DJs out of studios in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, and London. Apple describes the station as "the center for pop culture conversation and artist-led programming, and the global destination for artists from around the world to release new music, break news, and speak directly to their fans."

Article Link: Apple Music Shares 'Worldwide' Ad Featuring Billie Eilish, Orville Peck, Megan Thee Stallion, and Others

Last edited:

orbital~debris

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
When did Apple switch the branding from MUSIC to Music?

(Be interesting to see if the watch is modified in line with this tweak when Series 6 is released…)

Expos of 1969

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2013
I can understand the rolling eyes when it comes to a Taylor Swift joke, but Billie Eilish is about as talentless as they come.

Another young person who is mislabelled as being a ‘creative talent’ on the basis of singing from the back of her throat and dressing like a nightmare between Bauhaus and Fisher Price.
I fully agree. I recently learned about a young British woman who writes and sings her own material. In my view, very talented compared to Eilish. Give Holly Humberstone a listen.

ned1

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
Why the hate................
Why aren't people commenting on the total lack of talent and innovation involved in the design concept and production of this advert. Brave and innovative work, I think not.....This is something that could have been tossed out of an Apple store how to create your own video session......dated and boring!

pratikindia

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2014
Still crap compared to Spotify. The only thing stopping me from Spotify premium in my country is family sharing and geographical restrictions. Still after this many years, AM could not recommend a single song which I like. Always ****** Hip Hop and Rap no matter how many times I disliked them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.