Apple needs to give Bumpers for free. Period.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Razeus, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Razeus macrumors 603

I think they knew about the reception issue. Why else are they making accessories themselves. Why else would these cases ONLY COVER THE SIDES OF THE PHONE (and for a ridiculous $30 I might add). I smell a class action suit brewing.

2. BruiserBear macrumors 6502a

or they could just make a phone that works fine without the bumpers. I'm certainly not getting one until that is the case. I will never use a case with my phone.

3. Razeus thread starter macrumors 603

Me either. But I have a warranty so I'll be first to exchange my phone once this is resolved. Or there will be hell to pay. Blood will be spilled.

4. muledogus macrumors 6502

It's a shame I hate those damn bumpers so much. I'd rather dip my fingers in rubber.

5. BladesOfSteel macrumors regular

BladesOfSteel

$$

This isn't the first time they've made accessories.

see:

here and here

6. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Damn straight!

7. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

No, what you smell is the BS you are spewing. Lawsuit on why grounds ?!

8. NYRGirardi5 macrumors member

my phone has ZERO reception issues without a case.

9. macjunk(ie) macrumors 6502a

10. docwoz macrumors newbie

^^ same thing here - and no yellow spots :D

11. james92se macrumors 6502a

+1

Sucks that there's possible reception issues (I have none to report no matter how I hold the phone), but I don't see how in the world that could possibly warrant a lawsuit..

It would be ridiculous for a court to even consider it

12. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

On what grounds??? Dude, there are now multiple videos of the iPhone 4 losing their signals because of the antenna being touched by bare skin:

"Human tissues will in any case have an inhibitory effect on the antenna. Touch means that a larger portion of the antenna energy turns into heat and lost. This makes the antenna less efficient to send and receive radio signals..."

-http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/06/iphone-4-loses-reception-when-antenna-band-is-touched-firmware-issue/

They are possibly selling bumpers to reduce the problematic issue of the antenna.

13. burp43 macrumors newbie

The iphone without the bumper just seems to be missing something. I think the bumper was an integral part of the original design, when someone figured they could sell them as an "accessory" for $29 each. Basically you can finish building your own iphone.

14. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Same here. Sorry, dude.

15. Macshroomer macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

Is the bumper sticky rubber that would hang up in a tight pocket or is it more like hard plastic? I would prefer the latter if I even get one at all.

16. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

i'm starting to think i should stay away from MR for a few days and let this whole thing work itself out, my phone works 100% the way it should and not having any issues with yellow screen or antennas not working properly.

all this negativity is starting to bother me. granted you all have the right to be angry / disappointed because your phones aren't working the way they should shouldn't you at least let apple address the issues first before calling for their heads? The phones been out officially for less than a day lol

17. noobinator macrumors 601

My phone will probably have no reception issues without a case since I don't hold it with my whole hand and I hold it in my right hand. Nevertheless, it's still annoying to know I can't touch that spot lol

18. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

I hope this is not the case.

19. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

I'm eager to try out mine. It could be a bad batch of phones, which is why some people aren't having any problems.

20. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

If it was any health issues, they would not have FCC approval to sell the device.

21. bina12834 macrumors regular

if you guys have been reading some of the threads around here youll realize that its not an iPhone 4 specific problem, but rather an iOS4 problem. Theres threads with videos of the same thing happening on a 3G and 3GS with iOS4.

22. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

same, no issues at all

23. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

+1

24. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

+3

No issues here either these antenna issues seem to isolated

25. dojoman macrumors 65816

No issues with a friend's phone. Probably EVO owners and Droid people pumping this story and making a big deal. Go out to Apple stores and look at the lines! No one cares about stupid 4G EVO, Sprint sucks. Andoid phones are already outdated starting today.