Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
Picked up one of the just released bands yesterday at the Apple Campus store. Seem to be well stocked before local stores get them in. Thought it might be nice to have a thread where people can post their photos of just the new bands.

Have a few of the woven bands already. Love their light weight and super comfort on hot days. Went with this striped woven.

IMG_4083.JPG

IMG_4088.JPG

BTW glad last month I picked up the Taupe classic band leather band (like to save the leather for cooler weather) since I see with these new releases, it was pulled. If there's a band you've had your eyes on that's now gone from the Apple Store, check other sources like Best Buy, Target etc before they disappear completely. Missed out on the white leather classic by waiting too long.

ADDING another photo to show the white coloring when photo taken indoors with filtered light. As you expect there is a color shift to a less than pure white look. Actually front of box said "pearl" and backside printing near price tag said white (not seeing any pinky overtones though).

IMG_4096.JPG

Last edited:

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Thanks for posting this. Am curious to see what they'll look like. The regent street store in London didn't have any on display!

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Thanks for opening the thread! I was already wondering if noone had bought any of the new bands yet. I have two checked nylon bands on order and will post pictures when I get them.

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
Asuandy I like it! How secure feeling is the strap on it? I've never worn a loop band.

Mine's a Series 0 as well. I was thinking how the Series 3 would look with that red crown. Just noticed my watch has a black dot on the crown like yours. Guess I never paid attention as it came as a surprise it had color at all. Matches the black crystal face though. Do the Series 1 or 2 have colored crowns?

I had on a light gray t-shirt top today with the above watch band on and thought it looked pretty good together. The black woven strands dispersed with the white ones come off more gray than black so adds more versatility in my opinion. I do like the specks of color in yours.

Hey just went to check out the store to more closely look at the band colors and it's down right now. Says Busy Updating. Hmmmm... wonder with what?

Last edited:

asuandy

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Looks like a lot of red flecks in that band.

Yes, there's a lot of flecks of different colors. It looks nice, IMO.
[doublepost=1505441656][/doublepost]
Asuandy I like it! How secure feeling is the strap on it? I've never worn a loop band.

Mine's a Series 0 as well. I was thinking how the Series 3 would look with that red crown. Just noticed my watch has a black dot on the crown like yours. Guess I never paid attention as it came as a surprise it had color at all. Matches the black crystal face though. Do the Series 1 or 2 have colored crowns?

I had on a light gray t-shirt top today with the above watch band on and thought it looked pretty good together. The black woven strands dispersed with the white ones come off more gray than black so adds more versatility in my opinion. I do like the specks of color in yours.

Hey just went to check out the store to more closely look at the band colors and it's down right now. Says Busy Updating. Hmmmm... wonder with what?

It's very secure. There's like 3 sets of velcro. It's similar to the band in your photos, but softer. I'm a fan of the cloth bands. It's like the leather loop in style, only not leather and not magnetic. The concept is the same.

I believe the series 1 and 2 stainless have colored crowns.

Reactions: Mac2me

asuandy

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I think the band looks really nice and it goes well with your Apple Watch.

How do you like the Sports Loop? How does it compare to the standard Nylon Band?

Thx! I like it a lot more today than I did yesterday. It's grown on me. It's pretty similar to the "regular" nylon band in feel, only the Sport Loop is softer. Like the nylon band, I barely notice it on my wrist.
[doublepost=1505508584][/doublepost]
Looks amazing - just ordered the same band when the store launched and should get it early next week... And makes for a great weekend band for the SS watches

I'm liking it more and more. I prefer this (or the other nylon band) over the traditional sports bands.

ColoArtist

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2012
Denver, CO
Here's a black Sport Loop on my Series 0 stainless. Not sure if it goes with this watch. I also have a space gray sport. Super comfortable, though. View attachment 717751 View attachment 717752 View attachment 717753 .
I ordered a black Sport Loop online and it was delivered today.

The flecks look more brown than red to me. Nice looking. FYI...the loop doesn't come apart, so you have to slide it over your hand. For me it has to be opened all the way.

Although it's a continuous loop it is flexible enough to work with a charger mounted in something flat.

In the past I've used leather loops and the woven bands. I'd say this is kind of a combo of the best features of both, plus it's very light. I think it's going to be my favorite band.

Reactions: xDKP and CarlJ

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Looks great - didn’t know they changed the color

Yeah, Apple didn't exactly advertize the change either. Maybe they wanted the sport band to look more similar in tone to the brand new (Product) Red leather Classic Buckle which is also a darker red.

Reactions: xDKP

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Does anyone else like to see a contrast in color between their watch and the band? For example, I pair my S0 Stainless with the Black Milanese loop. I've now ordered an S3 in Space Gray and I'm looking forward to pairing it with the Seashell Sports Loop and the Nike Pure Platinum/Black Sports. Unfortunately, none of these combinations are sold together, but maybe coming up with your own is part of the fun.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I have had the leather and Milanese loop and loved both. I was hoping to like this band but I hate it. The blue doesn't even look blue because of the hook and loop/Velcro. You just see the pale white loop material. It's really stretchy which I guess is OK but it makes it feel really cheap. The gap between the bands where it loops back around the watch is also annoying. Feels like a knock off to me instead of a $50 item

ColoArtist

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2012
Denver, CO
Here's what the velcro strips look like on the new Sport Loop. This is the black, which looks more like a really dark brown to me. In the light you can see it's made up of a bunch of colors. The camera picked the colors up more than one actually sees. It's also darker than the photo makes it appear.

Worn it a couple days. It replaced a woven band and a leather loop. I really liked the woven band, but sometimes one notch would feel too tight and the next too loose. This one is more like the leather loop with the "just right" adjustment. Plus it's lighter and less expensive than the leather.

IMG_9760.jpg

IMG_9764.jpg

pcall1128

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
Does anyone else like to see a contrast in color between their watch and the band? For example, I pair my S0 Stainless with the Black Milanese loop. I've now ordered an S3 in Space Gray and I'm looking forward to pairing it with the Seashell Sports Loop and the Nike Pure Platinum/Black Sports. Unfortunately, none of these combinations are sold together, but maybe coming up with your own is part of the fun.
I'm one of these people as well, I love the contrast. One of my favorite combos is the rose gold with yellow/pollen sport band.
[doublepost=1505575088][/doublepost]Rose Red, I've been waiting for a maroon like band color. This fits the bill.

Attachments

• IMG_7225.JPG
    IMG_7225.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 853
  • IMG_7226.JPG
    IMG_7226.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 880

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
FYI if you have big hands you're going to have trouble getting it through the new sport loops without taking the adapter out and putting it back in while on your wrist.

My hands are medium size and I can barely squeeze it through the fastened loop.

I have the same issue with the link bracelet, but that's because I have small wrists, and use less links. The Sport Loop can only be opened so far.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Here's what the velcro strips look like on the new Sport Loop. This is the black, which looks more like a really dark brown to me. In the light you can see it's made up of a bunch of colors. The camera picked the colors up more than one actually sees. It's also darker than the photo makes it appear.

Worn it a couple days. It replaced a woven band and a leather loop. I really liked the woven band, but sometimes one notch would feel too tight and the next too loose. This one is more like the leather loop with the "just right" adjustment. Plus it's lighter and less expensive than the leather.

View attachment 718228
View attachment 718229

Thanks for these photos. It does look good on the silver aluminium. Wonder if it will be good on the gold version.

Reactions: xDKP
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.