Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moriturimax

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2019
You can turn it off today but when you go in the app tomorrow you have to turn it off again and when you go into the app the next day you have to turn it off again and so on.

Glad you’re happy to do that every time you use the app. Your estimation of a fix is obviously lower than mine.
The key point being, you CAN now turn it off when you use the app. I still have to TAP the app every time I want to open it, damn I wish they would fix that. Considering this is Apple, this is about as good as it gets.

Moriturimax

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2019
I certainly agree with your last comment.
After dealing with it for a few more days I have to now wholeheartedly agree, the toggle is about as annoying as no toggle, insofar as it doesn’t seem to remember you toggled it and , “just leave me the hell alone sidebar.”

Apple realy has dropped the ball on this given their exhaustive manuals of nice user interface design.

abw2002

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2007
I kinda like Apple News Plus, BUT... I spent a ton of time sorting the items in the left hand navigation and as of today, the sort is all messed up, jumbled everywhere. smh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.