Apple Now Accepting iPhone 6s In-Store Reservations in Second Wave Launch Countries

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 6, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple is now accepting iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus in-store reservations through its Reserve and Pickup program in six European countries where the smartphones are set to launch this Friday, October 9, including Belgium, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the Netherlands.

[​IMG]
    iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus reservations on Apple Online Store in Switzerland

European customers can select an iPhone model, color and storage size and make a reservation at a local Apple Store for in-store pickup on October 9. Most iPhone 6s models remain available for in-store reservation in all six countries, but iPhone 6s Plus models are very limited at most locations.

When you arrive at the Apple Store during your 30-minute check-in window, most locations should have a special line for customers with reservations. Only the person named on the reservation can pick up the iPhone -- bring a government-issued photo ID. Reservations are limited to 2 per customer.

The new iPhones launch in 40 more countries on October 9: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Taiwan.

Apple plans to launch the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus in over 130 countries by yearend.

Article Link: Apple Now Accepting iPhone 6s In-Store Reservations in Second Wave Launch Countries

2. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

Same thing, except it's called "Le Roségold".

3. pelles macrumors newbie

pelles

4. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

Still waiting for the online pre-orders for deliveries at home, although I don't think that will happen this time.

5. aarontsuru macrumors regular

aarontsuru

Here in NYC, we randomly walked into a Verizons in our neighborhood and my partner upgraded from a 5 to a 6s with no issues. They had all in stock except Rose Gold. So, try you local carrier store.

6. AJClayton macrumors 6502

AJClayton

I'm very happy for these countries, but would be much happier with my selfish hat on if Apple looked like they might despatch the 6s Plus I ordered here in the UK on 13 September. I know, I know, have patience!

7. Sasparilla macrumors 65816

Nice to see Apple rolling the phone out to other countries. Seems like Apple did a better job with supply and delivery this time. Was at my Apple Store less than a week after rollout and I could walk in, no lines, and get a 6s if I wanted (just needed a charger but asked the sales person)....last year they had lines 2 weeks (on weekdays) after launch.

8. pilotpat macrumors regular

and here I sit, waiting for delivery of my US pre-ordered 6s+, still 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.

9. thekeyring macrumors 68040

The difference between this and the Watch rollout was night and day. Just goes to show 9th generation product logistics vs first generation product logistics.

10. AtheistP3ace macrumors 6502a

AtheistP3ace

Seemed like a pretty solid rollout this time around.

11. jsamuels macrumors member

I live in Rome and only the 6s is currently listed as available o at Apple Store on Friday. Looks like all the available 6s Plus units have been claimed.

12. mr.bee, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015

mr.bee macrumors 6502a

mr.bee

Ordered mine in the Brussels store for pick up this friday :)

The 6s+ was also available for pick up over there...

But I just checked again, strange, pickup seems to have ended already?

edit: sorry, pre order is still there, and all rose golds are still available, but no 6s+

13. leman macrumors G3

I actually reserved for Zurich... I will be around the store in the morning anyway, and I wanted to get a new iPhone, so why not? All models and specs (at least all I checked) were still available. I guess Swiss are a more relaxed bunch compared to some :D

14. ozthegweat macrumors regular

I reserved in Zurich as well. After the reservation system now being online for 10 hours, all 6s models are still available (just checked), but 6s Plus was pretty much sold out after a few hours. Only the Space Gray 16GB model is still available.

I greatly prefer this approach with reservations. You know exactly what you are in for and won't be disappointed if the model you want isn't available anymore. Waiting outside a store for hours doesn't fit the premium market Apple is in anyway.

15. James717 macrumors regular

In Asia, almost all available in-store 6s and 6s Plus are gone.

Most stores have a backorder and customers have to wait 3 to 8 weeks for their order.

Most available is Silver (not many people want this colour)
    then Black
    Then gold
    most popular and most sold out quickest is Pink

16. fourthtunz macrumors 65816

fourthtunz

Yeah, no.
    I won't be upgrading from my 6, which doesn't turn off, until Apple says more about
    the S models and the turning off problem..
    what are we calling it? Brick-gate..Turn off-gate?? :)
    Haters..i'm a HUGE Apple fan..I just wish Apple would say something about this..oddly quiet on their end.

17. iTom17 macrumors 6502a

iTom17

I already ordered my iPhone 6s last week, via Typhone.nl (Dutch telecom shop). This Thursday night I'm receiving it through their night delivery. Can't wait!! :)

18. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

19. BCC16 macrumors newbie

And yet millions don't mind. Is that amazing or what?

20. Narked Diver macrumors regular

Narked Diver

21. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Yep.... But it's sad nevertheless.
    My first iPhone was 599€, then 629€ then 729€, last year I paid 839€ and now they are asking me 889€ ....

22. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

23. Darry macrumors newbie

Vodacom is taking pre-orders for a South African availability on 16 October

24. beanbaguk macrumors 6502a

beanbaguk

So pissed off! Apple are now charging more in Europe than the UK, thanks to the exchange!

25. asoksevil macrumors 6502

Can you guys pre-order it? It isn´t showing up on the Spanish or the Taiwanese Apple Store...