Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdf

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2004
What about battery life for you compared to 15?
Not really sure, to be honest. Aside from every single update ever (any version) and the days immediately after, I just don't run low on battery. I guess the iPhone 13 Pro Max battery is massive, so you're likely to have a different experience.

Since I do a few hours of driving per day and use CarPlay, I only plug it in at night about half the time.

(Before you ask, CarPlay is still functional but has countless tiny and infrequent bugs. Just like iOS 15. I wish they'd fix it.)

eta: Now that I think of it, I have this vague memory that I had to recharge most nights with iOS 15. But YMMV, and my memory might be wrong.

Last edited:

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
What are you referring to specifically?
The missing animated lock screens that would animate when you pressed down, the default wallpapers are all missing, the difficulty of selecting a photo, and then for the enhancements, how difficult they are to use - adding widgets, the selected lock screen is always chang because they removed force touch, etc etc etc....

And that's to say nothing about the notifications, which I'm constantly gettubg hidden by new notifications, are in an awkward position at the bottom of the screen, etc... (and yes I've selected to always show).

Basically, my iPad Mini is still on iOS 15 because of the lock screen, and if I didn't require iOS 16 for specific reasons, I'd have rolled back on my iPhone too, because the lock screen is just that bad, and the only positive feature that iOS 16 brought was selectable text from photos. edit: and emojis. lolz.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
The missing animated lock screens that would animate when you pressed down, the default wallpapers are all missing, the difficulty of selecting a photo, and then for the enhancements, how difficult they are to use - adding widgets, the selected lock screen is always chang because they removed force touch, etc etc etc....

And that's to say nothing about the notifications, which I'm constantly gettubg hidden by new notifications, are in an awkward position at the bottom of the screen, etc... (and yes I've selected to always show).

Basically, my iPad Mini is still on iOS 15 because of the lock screen, and if I didn't require iOS 16 for specific reasons, I'd have rolled back on my iPhone too, because the lock screen is just that bad, and the only positive feature that iOS 16 brought was selectable text from photos. edit: and emojis. lolz.
Agree, one thing that motivates me to update is selecting text from image. Very useful. My iPhone and iPad are still in 16.3 which has (very) good battery life and responsive UI (no more warm like in ios 15).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.