Apple offered cool stuff what did Verizon Offer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

On the release of the iPhone 4 I was amazed that my family of 4 was offered everything from soda, water, chips, chocolate, and ice cream from Apple for my AT&T iPhone 4 on Release Day 2010.

What did Apple offer for the Verizon Release in 2011, oh wait, there were no lines, and very few phones were sold. Huh?

I went to AT&T today because my other son wanted an iP4 in the 35-40 minutes we were there, 6 iPhones were sold nothing else, 5 4's and 1 3GS.

I went to a Verizon store to see what they had as far as the iP4, people were just there buying some Droid's and Droid X's I think AT&T has 20 Million iPhone users I personally do not see Verizon every getting that many users, especially that there were Verizon users switching to AT&T today when I was in their store.

2. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

you didn't get the soda, water, chips, chocolate, and ice cream from Apple?

maybe you were at the wrong store :cool:

3. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

They offered existing customers the opportunity to pre-order online and get the phones a week before anyone else?

And isn't it a bit cold for ice cream? :rolleyes:

4. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

Verizon didn't make me wait outside. I ordered it a week before it went onsale to the public. :rolleyes:

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

My Apple store gave us doughnuts, chips, coffee, and ice cream for the iPhone 4 on AT&T. I don't think that the OP is lying.

6. Fusion79 macrumors 6502

Verizon offered a preorder to me that had the phone in my hands two days before the official release date. Not bad IMHO.

7. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Oh, I believe him. I think it's perfectly clear that the launch with Verizon was nowhere near the scale of the first 4 US launches. Could be because most people are holding out for the 5, or the weather. Who knows? But I'm sure had more people been lined up they would have been offered the same stuff.

All my UPS guy got was a hug when he delivered my phone before launch last year. Maybe all the Verizon people learned that getting it early is better than sitting in line all night.

8. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

Verizon stores in Columbus had hot chocolate. However, the lines were few and far between because most people pre-ordered. Also, the vast majority of people are under contract (Verizon & AT&T customers alike). It will take a year or so to see the true impact of Verizon's iPhone.

9. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I thought the verizon iPhone would be more popular than this, lol

I think users are stuck on their driods or waiting til iPhone 5

10. tjmrpm04 macrumors member

I was pretty disappointed when my Verizon order went through without a hitch. I was further disappointed that Verizon took away the experience of activation hiccups and all the other fun stuff that AT&T did for the previous launches. People can claim that Verizon's launch was a flop, but honestly I feel like it was a success because of better planning. What is better, not waiting in a line because all current customers got the opportunity to pre-order a week earlier, and you could order online the day prior, or to wait in a long line with the hopes that the last unit the store has does not go to the person in front of you while the At&t fools fumble with how to activate the damn thing. And if you wanted free milk and cookies you need to attend the initial iPhone 4 launch. This was not a new Apple product, this was the same product that they launched last summer only now it is for a new carrier. My Verizon store offered me some great treats, they offered me less dead zones and an overall faster network. Yes you heard me, faster. AT&T Sucks in Virginia and while the AT&T Network offered me higher burst speeds, Verizon's consistency has given me a faster internet experience. So there is my milk and cookies. :)

11. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I was in the apple store ViPhone release day buying cases and it was packed! I was given a bag of pretzels and a bottle of Smart water. And while I was there I saw atleast five people who were porting numbers from AT&T to Verizon.

12. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Does Apple have a deal with SmartWater, or is it just what Steve drinks? I've never seen Apple give out other water, and SmartWater is a pretty expensive brand.
    /adding to the stupidity of this thread.

13. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

At the Verizon store in my area, they sell about 60 iPhones a day...

14. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

the only thing i got from all three of my iphone launches was water, which only happened at the 3g launch

15. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

The Verizons around me were giving out Subway sandwiches. I know because my GF is a Manager at Subway and she was piss about how many party subs she has to make.

16. Sysyphus macrumors newbie

Wasn't there myself because I'd already got my Verizon iPhone up and running three days earlier, but the apparently on Thursday morning Starbucks in my local mall opened early and had baristas handing out flyers telling about free Wifi and discount coffee for people in line at the Verizon store .

17. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

And you know this because you have access to their sales data? or do you stand outside and give a pebble to everyone that comes out with an iPhone? No I know, you use an abacus right? You're living in a world of pure imagination willy wonka...

18. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

My friend waited in line for the verizon iphone and got a verizon winter hat!

19. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

They had free coffee on the morning on the 10th when I switched back to VZ from ATT. Have been happy with the VZ iPhone.

20. brando123b macrumors regular

worst. Story. Ever.

21. BriChi macrumors 6502

I cant believe i am contributing to this pointless thread but to amuse the OP in his idiotic assessment

1. The online sales were through the roof, sold out days quicker they they expected, Obviously the iphone is a flop on verizon :rolleyes:

2. I would guess that 90% of the people that REALLY wanted the phone, ordered on line, they were not going to wait till the 10th and take a chance of waiting on lines

3. most people who want the phone and are in no rush are waiting till June.

4. People, like my wife, CANT WAIT to get off ATT, she has to wait 3 more weeks and then she will get the Verizon iPhone, If she cancels now it's an $80 charge, not worth it, i would assume most ATT iphone users are in the SAME EXACT situation being they all renewed their contracts for the 3Gs or IP4.

I spoke to at least a dozen people at work that cannot wait to get it, Their answers are "i am waiting for my contract to end" or "I am waiting to see what happens in June"

"IF" Verizon iPhone in June is a big change compared to the existing one, then see if you can write a post like this

22. Wolf-Tau macrumors newbie

Verizon offered their existing customers the phone early. I had my by 10ish on the 7th.

Very happy iPhone 4 user. Even though I know the iPhone 5 will be out by summer.

Wolf

23. Chperplt macrumors newbie

Verizon offered me one thing that AT&T has never been able to offer me, and that's an Iphone that doesn't drop every call that's made.

AT&T needs to get you drunk on all the extras since their service clearly doesn't do it for them.

24. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

It sounds like you have a fat family. The only thing I got from apple last year was a sweet phone in the mail, a day before release.

25. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

The store manager came out around 6:30 and gave us handwarmers. :p