Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has started a new limited time in-store promotion that offers customers $50 off an Apple Watch Sport or Apple Watch with the purchase of any new iPhone, including the latest iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, the company confirmed to MacRumors. Apple Watch Edition and Apple Watch Hermès models are ineligible for the discount.

iPhone-6s-and-Watch.jpg

The promotion is available at participating Apple Store locations in California and Massachusetts, including Burlingame, Chestnut Street, Corte Madera, Hillsdale, San Francisco and Stonestown in the Bay Area, and Boylston Street, Burlington, CambridgeSide and Chestnut Hill in the Boston metro area.

Apple confirmed that the promotion runs from October 30 through November 15, 2015, and is not available online. The deal does not require purchasing AppleCare+ or other accessories and add-ons. The offer is only valid when the qualifying iPhone and Apple Watch are purchased together on one transaction.

(Thanks, Robert!)

Article Link: Apple Offering $50 Off Apple Watch With Any iPhone Purchase in Select Apple Stores

Last edited:

Benjamin Frost

Suspended
May 9, 2015
London, England
Hate to say it, but this is an easy way for Apple to move their stock of Apple Watches; they're clearly not selling.

It was a nice idea to see if Apple could make a success of wearables; they could hardly know that it was going to become Newton 2.0.

Regardless of its failure, I'm glad that it has brought so much joy to many here at MacRumors; long may they enjoy their Apple Watches.

businezguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2003
I'm sorry, but excluding the Apple Watch Edition is a deal breaker. I just can't afford the purchase without that $50 off.

In all seriousness, I'm sure this is an attempt to bolster the purchase of both items during the holiday season, but the fact they are providing a sale of this type during the holiday season actually seems like there might be some doubt about Apple Watch sales.

Benjamin Frost

Suspended
May 9, 2015
London, England
The only way I would be interested if the Apple Watch was 50 buck instead of a deal for 50 bucks off.

Indeed.

That would make it a stocking filler. I think the problem is that most people simply don't have a problem with getting notifications on their iPhones, and health and fitness only attracts a very small audience.

As others have said, I am skeptical that wearables will ever take off. It's not really attractive having a cold, hard mechanical object chained around you the whole time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.