MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today launched a promotion in Canada that offers a $75 Apple Store gift card with the purchase of a new iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 mini through June 28. The offer does not apply to the iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max.

iphone-12-preorder-purple.jpg

The offer is valid in Canada at physical Apple Store locations, through Apple's online store, in the Apple Store app, or by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE for iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini purchases made between June 10 and June 28. Purchases made with carrier financing are eligible, with full terms and conditions outlined on Apple's website.

Apple's online store went down earlier today in Canada, likely in relation to this promotion launching. The offer does not appear to be available in the United States or other countries at this time, nor does it apply to any other products.

Apple released the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini in October 2020, and introduced a purple color option for the devices in late April.

Article Link: Apple Offering $75 Apple Store Gift Card in Canada With Purchase of iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Mini

Last edited:

fischersd

macrumors 601
Oct 23, 2014
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Should have came with a cup of Tim Hortons and a jar of maple syrup.
And the bowl of poutine. Can't forget the poutine.

...don't get me started on bacon. Why the Americans call back bacon "Canadian bacon" - just annoying. If anything they should have called it Australian bacon. The Aussie's - that's their regular bacon. Up here, our bacon is the same as the Americans. What the Aussies's call "streaky bacon". :)

Comment

Sasparilla

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Nice, for all those needing or wanting to get one before the 12s or 13 comes out.

Yeah....that's gonna work. Here's $75 - just ignore those other devices coming in a few months. Pfft! :D
Agree, except maybe 80% of the market doesn't know / care - its just time for a new phone and here's a $75 Apple gift card.

Comment

Warped9

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2018
Brockville, Ontario.
Not everyone needs or feels compelled to have the latest and greatest. I’m always a few generations behind given it’s more affordable that way. I like iOS and the Apple ecosystem, but I don’t need all the latest capabilities. I often say these devices can do a million things I will never need, but as long as the do the half dozen or so things I find useful then it’s good.

I’m still getting by with an iPhone 8+ going on three years now, and I’m very happy with it. No complaints whatsoever. At the time I picked it up to replace my iPhone 6 I was considering the iPhone XR, but at the time I thought the 8+ was a better value than the XR.

Apple’s current promotion won’t get me to switch/upgrade because my 8+ is perfectly fine for me. I know the newer phones have more capabilities, even nicer cameras and slicker designs (with no home button) and colours, but for now I’m good with what I have.

Comment

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
I got one thing to say to you about this promo:

DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes it’s tempting.

But new iPhones are coming soon.

wait three to four more months. It’s worth it in the end.

Comment

satchmo

macrumors 68040
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
I got one thing to say to you about this promo:

DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes it’s tempting.

But new iPhones are coming soon.

wait three to four more months. It’s worth it in the end.

Do we think the 13 mini will be priced the same as the current iPhone 12 mini?

If so, I suppose saving $75 may not be worth it if you lose the following rumoured additions:

-120hz refresh rate
-A15
-slightly better battery life
-smaller notch

Comment

apparatchik

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2008

If so, I suppose saving $75 may not be worth it if you lose the following rumoured additions:

-120hz refresh rate
-A15
-smaller notch

The higher refresh rate might not be coming to the Mini, rumor has it. It will be one of the Pro features of the 13. The latter 3 features seem like a sure bet. I'll be buying the Mini, regardless of Pro Motion.

Reactions: Apple$
Comment

subi257

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2018
New Jersey
And the bowl of poutine. Can't forget the poutine.

...don't get me started on bacon. Why the Americans call back bacon "Canadian bacon" - just annoying. If anything they should have called it Australian bacon. The Aussie's - that's their regular bacon. Up here, our bacon is the same as the Americans. What the Aussies's call "streaky bacon". :)
yes, and Americans deep fried sticks of potato "French" fries but they are not from France. Supposedly from belgium.

Comment

subi257

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2018
New Jersey
Nice, for all those needing or wanting to get one before the 12s or 13 comes out.

Agree, except maybe 80% of the market doesn't know / care - its just time for a new phone and here's a $75 Apple gift card.
I am sure that there are some people like that.. Also, many companies will give a discount on "last years" product....kind of clear out the inventory. I am looking at a new TV and I can get a 2020 model cheaper unless I really want a 2021 model.

Comment

citysnaps

macrumors 604
Oct 10, 2011
San Francisco
Not everyone needs or feels compelled to have the latest and greatest. I’m always a few generations behind given it’s more affordable that way. I like iOS and the Apple ecosystem, but I don’t need all the latest capabilities. I often say these devices can do a million things I will never need, but as long as the do the half dozen or so things I find useful then it’s good.

I’m still getting by with an iPhone 8+ going on three years now, and I’m very happy with it. No complaints whatsoever. At the time I picked it up to replace my iPhone 6 I was considering the iPhone XR, but at the time I thought the 8+ was a better value than the XR.

Apple’s current promotion won’t get me to switch/upgrade because my 8+ is perfectly fine for me. I know the newer phones have more capabilities, even nicer cameras and slicker designs (with no home button) and colours, but for now I’m good with what I have.

Same with my wife. She can afford a new phone. But since her current 8+ works just fine she sees no need to purchase and have the latest and greatest.

Comment

that be me

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Of course this is announced the day after I buy a 12 for my brother. A quick call and they applied the promotion anyways. Why can’t Apple support always be that simple?

Reactions: satchmo
Comment

DarthDon

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2020
STAY WITH YOUR PHONE another year!!!

They will be trow out a phone like the iPad Pro this year - but apple and other dev's are way behind with the software. it makes totally sense to add more or less the same system in all of they'r products. they will ad new and game-changing things this year on OS X and next year on iPadOS ind iOS.
so wait for the 14!!! it will mind-blowing and enter a fine app- market. Maybe 1-2TB Nand, 8-16GB Ram, Mx, a display to get in love with, NO NOTCH, aptX and much more.
and the best thing is - you can stay with it until 6G comes around :) (it will be a change like to the 6S/Plus)
so safe the money this year - next year will cost you anyway a lot to get the best iPhone. but it will pay off within the coming years.

2021 is the year of mbp's and mac's.

Last edited:
Comment

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007

-120hz refresh rate
-A15
-smaller notch

Pro Motion will be limited to the pro models.

the A15 chip alone is worth the wait. It will be super fast, same level as the M1 chip. And most advanced neural engine ever, which will allow one feature that most people want after seeming some of NFL cameras in action: Portrait Video Mode. In both portrait and landscape. And in 4K.

the pro will feature in screen Touch ID system which will allow dual biometric authentication for first time on iPhone.

Comment

fischersd

macrumors 601
Oct 23, 2014
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Actually, the updated Qualcomm modem, new battery tech, new display and A15 processor should ALL make the battery life on the 12S/13 Mini MUCH BETTER than the 12 Mini.

Yes, I wish the next mini was getting the Pro-Motion 120Hz display...but I'd rather wait a year or two to make sure they get the battery hit worked out for the smaller device (presuming the sales are good enough that the mini is provided again in 2022).

Comment

whs

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2021
Given that CAD had increased by 15% against USD in the past 15 months, this is all gravy for Apple, and in my view justifies this promotion

Reactions: Devyn89 and Apple$
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.