Apple Offers Discounts on BeatsX, Powerbeats3, and Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 20, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple this week is offering a limited time discount on its lineup of Beats headphones in the United States, dropping the price of the BeatsX Earphones, the Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones, and Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones.

Apple has offered these discounts several times in the past, and the lower prices are often available for a short period of time.

The BeatsX Earphones are available for $119.95, down from the regular price of $149.95. All colors are available at the reduced price.

[​IMG]

Apple's Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones, designed for use with workouts, are available for $159.95, down from the regular price of $199.95. Apple offers both standard and Neighborhood Powerbeats3 collections, with both available at a discount.

[​IMG]

The Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones are available for $239.95, down from the regular price of $299.95. Apple also offers these in standard and Neighborhood collections, with both discounted.

[​IMG]

BeatsX, Powerbeats 3, and Beats Solo3 Wireless all include an Apple-designed W1 chip much like the AirPods, which means you can easily switch connectivity between different Mac and iOS devices.

All three accessories are also wireless and connect to your devices over Bluetooth, so they work with iPhones that do not have a headphone jack.

While Apple's prices are an okay deal, these headphones and earphones are also often discounted by third-party retailers. B&H Photo, for example, has some Beats Solo3 Wireless models available for $219.99, a $60 discount that beats Apple's discount. Not all colors are included, however.

Best Buy is offering the BeatsX for $99.99 this week, a price that also beats Apple's discount.

For more deals and discounts on headphones and other accessories, make sure to check out our Deals Roundup.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors and may earn commissions on purchases made through links in this article.

Article Link: Apple Offers Discounts on BeatsX, Powerbeats3, and Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones

2. CallMeSizzle macrumors newbie

I just got a pair of BeatsX on Amazon for $89, about 2 weeks ago. Is it just me or do these headphones sound tinny? I had a pair of Bose SoundSport wireless before (lost them!) so I figured I would try these, at a good price. I am not so happy with the sound. Is there a way to adjust bass/treble/mid, etc. for these things?

3. kildraik macrumors 6502a

kildraik

I LOVE my PowerBeats3. They stop working every 2-3 months from sweat, so I get a brand new pair under warranty on a consistent basis!

Absolute junk without a valid warranty.

Lol!

4. Laurent Patrick Cantwell macrumors newbie

Laurent Patrick Cantwell

You got ripped off.

5. kildraik macrumors 6502a

kildraik

They’re either not fitting properly, or you can change your EQ under, “Music,” in, “Settings.” There are no ways to custom define parameters.

6. yanksfan114 macrumors 6502

Possible refresh at the Apple event next week? Apple normally holds price points the entire product lifecycle.

7. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Beats X have been on Amazon below $100 regularly. I picked up a pair at $89 for Fathers Day last year. Sure this is a welcome break, but come on Apple. Also, does this mean a Beats X 2 is on the way?

8. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I was stoked for the BeatsX when they were first announced. Then, I was disappointed about how they fit in real life - the dog eats look isn't so good. Then, when I finally tried them, I was disappointed with the sound quality.

9. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

Not the best price ever but wouldn’t say it was a rip off.

10. PickUrPoison macrumors 65816

Most people think Beats have too much bass. Maybe just a poor fit, or could be counterfeits. Amazon has a real problem with counterfeit products.

11. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Still way too much money for beats...

12. Regime2008 macrumors 6502a

Regime2008

I have never heard a beats headset/speaker that sounded anywhere close to "good", before or after apple acquired them.

13. m4mario macrumors member

m4mario

14. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I thought they sounded terrible too. Sent them back. I also wasn't a big fan of the cord, as it was too big for my head.

I really want a pair of AirPods with silicon tips that sound as good as my $50 Carbo Tenores. IDK what I'm going to when I inevitably upgrade to an iPhone without a headphone jack. Thanks for your "courage," Apple.

15. Will.O.Bie macrumors 6502

Will.O.Bie

Unfortunately no, it sounds exactly as you describe and I have adjusted the preset equalizer from my iPhone to find a better sounding output, still sounds with ZERO bass.

16. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Its only been rumored for a revised version of the Airpods sometime late 2018, but this article certainly doesn’t confirm Airpods 2 either. But it seems likely, being the Airpods were released December 2016.

17. 7thson, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018

7thson macrumors 6502a

7thson

I saw Solo3’s for $150 on 9to5toys earlier. I think via Newegg.
    Edit: holy shnikeys! Best Buy has AirPods for $120!
    Edit, again: you’ll need prom code PSPRINGTIME for either one. Or both if you’re feeling spendy.

18. Starship67 Suspended

Starship67

2nd star to the right and straight on til morning
    For those not getting the bass they want outta the BeatsX, you need to get the correct eartips on them, get a better fit in your ear. Once achieved you will get all the bass you need.

19. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

AirPods are full price on their site?

20. 7thson macrumors 6502a

7thson

You’ll need the promo code PSPRINGTIME.

21. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Ah, on eBay. Already have a pair but was surprised if they had them at that price.

22. 7thson macrumors 6502a

7thson

Oh yeah. It’s their eBay store. Well I screwed the pooch on relaying info so anyone else that’s interested still, here’s the link: https://9to5toys.com/?s=Beats+solo3

23. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Picked up the BeatsX for $100 (they were $90 last week, shouldn’t have procrastinated) from bestbuy.

Good sound and do a good job of blocking outside noise.

24. Frozen8950 macrumors newbie

I came here to say the exact same thing. I’m on my 5th pair in less than a year (all under warranty) the biggest annoyance is the 3 day wait without them. I run a lot and sweat gets into them as I turn the volume up and down. I’m hoping they are about to release a new version that’s a little more durable. I would love a pair that didn’t have To he replaced every few months.

25. fatalhorizon macrumors newbie

fatalhorizon

I agree with other poster. You got scammed. Return them and get an authentic pair from Apple or Best Buy. True BeatsX sound good and really bassy.