Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmazingRobie

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
It looks like people are starting to realize the beats brand is all marketing, and not worth the money, just the way they will in a couple more generations of Apples product line. Beat of luck Apple. #ousttimcooknow

miniyou64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
I just got a pair of BeatsX on Amazon for $89, about 2 weeks ago. Is it just me or do these headphones sound tinny? I had a pair of Bose SoundSport wireless before (lost them!) so I figured I would try these, at a good price. I am not so happy with the sound. Is there a way to adjust bass/treble/mid, etc. for these things?
Absolutely not you. I have Airpods and used to have BeatsX. Just thought it woul be nice to have both for different scenarios. Wow was I wrong. The Beats X were terrible. I don’t know how they got such high reviews. Im not an audiophile or anything and I even had other people test them and Apple replace them. BeatsX just sound BAD.

Reactions: Regime2008

democracyrules

Suspended
Nov 18, 2016

Apple this week is offering a limited time discount on its lineup of Beats headphones in the United States, dropping the price of the BeatsX Earphones, the Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones, and Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones.

Apple has offered these discounts several times in the past, and the lower prices are often available for a short period of time.

The BeatsX Earphones are available for $119.95, down from the regular price of $149.95. All colors are available at the reduced price.

beatsx-new-colors-800x319.jpg

Apple's Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones, designed for use with workouts, are available for $159.95, down from the regular price of $199.95. Apple offers both standard and Neighborhood Powerbeats3 collections, with both available at a discount.

applepowerbeats3-800x262.jpg

The Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones are available for $239.95, down from the regular price of $299.95. Apple also offers these in standard and Neighborhood collections, with both discounted.

beats-solo3-800x377.jpg

BeatsX, Powerbeats 3, and Beats Solo3 Wireless all include an Apple-designed W1 chip much like the AirPods, which means you can easily switch connectivity between different Mac and iOS devices.

All three accessories are also wireless and connect to your devices over Bluetooth, so they work with iPhones that do not have a headphone jack.

While Apple's prices are an okay deal, these headphones and earphones are also often discounted by third-party retailers. B&H Photo, for example, has some Beats Solo3 Wireless models available for $219.99, a $60 discount that beats Apple's discount. Not all colors are included, however.

Best Buy is offering the BeatsX for $99.99 this week, a price that also beats Apple's discount.

For more deals and discounts on headphones and other accessories, make sure to check out our Deals Roundup.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors and may earn commissions on purchases made through links in this article.

Article Link: Apple Offers Discounts on BeatsX, Powerbeats3, and Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones
Before AirPods was introduced, Beats was great. After AirPods, Beats is just okay. AirPods is the best Apple earphone product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.