Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

091418-iphone_4_july_30th.jpg

Apple today issued a press release officially announcing the release of the iPhone 4 in 17 new countries for this Friday, July 30th. The news is not necessarily considered a surprise, as Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced the launches at the company's iPhone 4 press conference earlier this month.
Apple's iPhone 4 will be available in 17 more countries this Friday, July 30. iPhone 4 features FaceTime, which makes video calling as easy as one tap, Apple's new Retina display, the highest resolution display ever built into a phone, resulting in stunning text, images and video, and a beautiful all-new design of glass and stainless steel that is the thinnest smartphone in the world.

Beginning this Friday, customers can purchase iPhone 4 in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. iPhone 4 will be available for purchase through Apple's retail and online stores and Apple Authorized Resellers.
Apple had originally announced at the iPhone 4's introduction in early June that there would be 18 countries included in this round of launches, but Jobs disclosed earlier this month that the South Korean launch has been delayed due to things taking "just a little bit longer to get government approval there."

That claim came as something of a surprise to both carrier partner KT and government officials in that country, however, with a representative from the South Korean communications regulatory agency claiming that Apple hasn't even submitted the device for approval yet.

Article Link: Apple Officially Announces July 30th International iPhone 4 Launches

Poll Smoker

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Jobs disclosed earlier this month that the South Korean launch has been delayed due to things taking "just a little bit longer to get government approval there."

That claim came as something of a surprise to both carrier partner KT and government officials in that country, however, with a representative from the South Korean communications regulatory agency claiming that Apple hasn't even submitted the device for approval yet.

How can you tell when Jobs' is lying?

His ****ing mouth opens.

:rolleyes:

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Awesome, a whole bunch of iPhone 4 noobs will be joining MR shortly. I can't wait.

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
iPhone 4 will be available for purchase through Apple's retail and online stores and Apple Authorized Resellers.

does that mean what I think it means?
That iphones will also be sold unlocked directly form the Apple Store????

colem1

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2009
iPhone 4 will be available for purchase through Apple's retail and online stores and Apple Authorized Resellers.

does that mean what I think it means?
That iphones will also be sold unlocked directly form the Apple Store????

Yes, at least up here in the north.

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2008
Haha the american site announces the PR but none of the countries listed have the PR article with appropriate pricing

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Watch the people line up all over again! :D
I hope everyone enjoys their iPhone 4 purchasing experience. There is nothing like getting a new toy to cheer you up!

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Enjoy lining up overnight and standing for hours, my international friends. :) I stood in line for 4.5 hours for this one, and while it was fun, I won't be doing that again.

stadlin

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2010
Here in Switzerland:

iPhone 4 16GB without a contract: CHF 769.— (CHF = $)
iPhone 4 32GB without a contract: CHF 899.—

Fliesen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
Austria
Enjoy lining up overnight and standing for hours, my international friends. :) I stood in line for 4.5 hours for this one, and while it was fun, I won't be doing that again.

Here in Austria, the first batch is already sold out.

Both T-Mobile Austria and Orange had a limited pre-ordering exclusively for existing customers. Both providers' offers were only up for 48 hours until they were sold out again.

So no lining up here in Austria, since there's no point to it anyways.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.