Apple Officially Announces July 30th International iPhone 4 Launches

hugguh

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
In Portugal the iPhone 4 will be released in August. I don't understand why Portugal this year gets it later.

Well I've to wait a little bit longger.

ShowerLauer

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2010
Jesus im ready for this. -

- in fact i went to my local apple reseller yesterday, and did a very interesting discovery. I live in denmark btw.

one of the staff members showed me a video he had recorded yesterday with his g3s.

by a chance he had run across a guy in the store which have bought the g4 in UK and brought it to denmark.

The video demonstrated how the death grip affects your signal power and reception if you are located in denmark.

and for all that is holy, it seemd as if it really didnt play any role in which way you are holding your g4! - no signal bars were moving, and they guy said, that as long he had stayed in denmark, he hasnt been experiencing any dropped calls!

Very interesting! -

Me and the staff member discussed this matter, and actually he had a great point.

It appears that in denmark the avg. distance between signal towers is 2 km. compared to the US and A which is 14 km avg.

Maybe this matter should be investigated further! I, however am looking forward to 30 july!

aliensporebomb

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2005
Minneapolis, MN, USA, Urth
Ah!

Jesus im ready for this. -

- in fact i went to my local apple reseller yesterday, and did a very interesting discovery. I live in denmark btw.

one of the staff members showed me a video he had recorded yesterday with his g3s.

by a chance he had run across a guy in the store which have bought the g4 in UK and brought it to denmark.

The video demonstrated how the death grip affects your signal power and reception if you are located in denmark.

and for all that is holy, it seemd as if it really didnt play any role in which way you are holding your g4! - no signal bars were moving, and they guy said, that as long he had stayed in denmark, he hasnt been experiencing any dropped calls!

Very interesting! -

Me and the staff member discussed this matter, and actually he had a great point.

It appears that in denmark the avg. distance between signal towers is 2 km. compared to the US and A which is 14 km avg.

Maybe this matter should be investigated further! I, however am looking forward to 30 july!
That would make sense - close proximity of cellular towers with a decent signal strength between them should be sufficient for decent reception.

linoox

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2010
Here in Switzerland:

iPhone 4 16GB without a contract: CHF 769.— (CHF = $)
iPhone 4 32GB without a contract: CHF 899.—
Hey stadlin!
Where have you seen those prices? I was looking around all the news and carrier sites and couldn't see anything. This would be great prices for Switzerland:D

flashPUNK

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2004
I really wish I was able to pre order online, or in store here in Canada. I feel like we've been kept in the dark. At least i'd like to know how much I can expect to pay!

hfletcher

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2008
UK
seems a bit premature given that they can't even keep up with demand in the UK.
I know. It's ridiculous! O2 still don't have online ordering, and barely half of their retail stores actually have stock!

Even on UK apple store it's a 3 week window until iPhones are shipped.

They should at least wait until they have enough stock in the few countries they have released in before starting to sell in a whole load more....

hugguh

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
I know. It's ridiculous! O2 still don't have online ordering, and barely half of their retail stores actually have stock!

They should at least wait until they have enough stock in the few countries they have released in before starting to sell in a whole load more....
The first countries they had stock, and sold out.
Now they have some iPhone 4 for other contries and they will sold out. Only when every contry has the new iPhone 4, they will start to refill the stores of the first countries again. :D

Something like that will happen...

dubmick

macrumors member
May 8, 2008

Yeah the rest of the world should wait until everyone who wants one in the UK has one. That sounds fair :p

iKrl

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
darn, my country is not in that list.
well, on the bright side, we'll get some issues ironed out first
Mine isn't either! :mad: on the other hand the iPad just came to my country and I'm really liking it so I can wait. (I hope Apple does bring it here by September though, I want a free case!) :D

caipirina

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2002
Still no pricing info for Italy ... tim.it has a promo on the web, you can leave your email to be informed when it will arrive ... 5 minutes later a badly formatted auto-email arrives saying 'the article you want is not yet available' ... DUH ... vodafone.it has no info at all ...

It is only 4 more days ... i think apple will send 1000 units to the apple store in Rome (which are probably already spoken for, Italian style) and then Steve can say he kept his promise ... when I will actually get one ... tough question, I really wanted it for the summer vacation ... now I will be thinking twice again when it actually becomes available ... and there was no pre-order, nothing ... growl ....

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
Still no pricing info for Italy ... tim.it has a promo on the web, you can leave your email to be informed when it will arrive ... 5 minutes later a badly formatted auto-email arrives saying 'the article you want is not yet available' ... DUH ... vodafone.it has no info at all ...

It is only 4 more days ... i think apple will send 1000 units to the apple store in Rome (which are probably already spoken for, Italian style) and then Steve can say he kept his promise ... when I will actually get one ... tough question, I really wanted it for the summer vacation ... now I will be thinking twice again when it actually becomes available ... and there was no pre-order, nothing ... growl ....
macity.net has the prices and they're as bad as Tim's

kaitlynami

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
Now if only they would release the pricing. Less than a week away and Canadians still don't know pricing for the unlocked phones.

kyk0

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2009
Hello,
anyone has any idea at what time the new items become available online in the apple store?

gianly1985

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2008
Italian prices (after taxes):

16gb ----> 659€ (850$)

32gb ----> 779€ (1.005$)

A grand for the 32gb.

Free from contracts and totally unlocked for every carrier in the world.

VaatiKaiba

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
So, because there's a 3 week wait in the already-launched Apple Online Stores, does that mean the new countries will have to wait 3 weeks too? Or will there be a shipment to each country and then it'll be first-come-first-served?

Fliesen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
Austria
So, because there's a 3 week wait in the already-launched Apple Online Stores, does that mean the new countries will have to wait 3 weeks too? Or will there be a shipment to each country and then it'll be first-come-first-served?
they're gonna ship a VERY limited amount of units to the 'new' countries.

it will officially be 'on sale' but at the same time sold out already before it hits retail.

T-Mobile Austria (around 2 million subscribers) is said to only receive 3.000 units initially, next shipment rumored to be in september.

VaatiKaiba

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
they're gonna ship a VERY limited amount of units to the 'new' countries.

it will officially be 'on sale' but at the same time sold out already before it hits retail.

T-Mobile Austria (around 2 million subscribers) is said to only receive 3.000 units initially, next shipment rumored to be in september.
And I assume it'll be the same for the online stores - first x amount of people to order and then the rest added on to the worldwide waiting list?

Fliesen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
Austria
don't know about the other countries, but here in Austria, there's no unlocked / carrier-free iPhone and the only way to receive one is from your carrier and not via the apple online store

i would assume apple will be dividing new batches of phones onto different markets and not have one big 'international waiting list'

caipirina

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2002
@ svndmvn .. you mean macitynet.it? Too bad I can hradly navigate Italian websites ...

@ gianly1985 .. source of your info? (maybe also macitynet :) ... I am actually more interested if the plans stay pretty much like the 3gs plans ... and when it actually will be here in Torino!!! whaaaa :D

Thanks for your help