Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's online store is down ahead of pre-orders for iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro Max, and the HomePod mini, which are set to begin at 5:00 a.m. Pacific Time in the United States.

Screen-Shot-1.jpg

"You're... early," reads the Apple Store message when attempting to visit the U.S. website. "Pre-order begins at 5:00 a.m. PDT. Enjoy the extra sleep." Apple used to do new device pre-orders at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time, but since last year, has been holding iPhone pre-orders at 5:00 a.m.

The ‌iPhone 12‌ mini and 12 Pro Max are launching in more than 30 countries and regions around the world, and a full list of launch times can be found in our time zone guide.

Apple's ‌iPhone 12‌ mini and 12 Pro Max models represent the most radical new form factors in Apple's flagship smartphone lineup, and feature a full redesign with a flat-edged look that similar to the design of the iPad Pro. Both the models feature edge-to-edge OLED displays, 5G connectivity, and upgraded camera technology.

Following pre-orders, the first ‌iPhone 12‌ mini and 12 Pro Max shipments will arrive to customers on Friday, November 13. If you're hoping to get an ‌iPhone 12‌ mini or 12 Pro Max on launch day, it's a good idea to purchase early because there's no word on how much supply Apple will have.

Pricing on the ‌iPhone 12‌ mini starts at $729, though some U.S. carriers are offering a $30 discount that drops the price to Apple's advertised $699 price point. Pricing on the ‌iPhone 12 Pro‌ Max starts at $1099. Device payment plans are available through carriers, Apple Card Monthly Installments and Apple's iPhone Upgrade Program, plus device trade-ins are available.

‌HomePod mini‌ pre-orders are launching in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Spain, the UK, and the US, and the ‌HomePod mini‌ will be arriving to customers the week of November 16.

Article Link: Apple Online Store Down Ahead of iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro Max, and HomePod Mini Pre-Orders

Last edited:

yurc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2016
inside your DSDT
You're... early...what CMS/backend today needed goes down before launching products in 2020? I think this is only Apple way to heat up the moment...

Comment

Appurushido

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
This is probably going to be the most expensive week in tech sales ever. You have Microsoft selling the new Xbox Series X|S consoles on Nov 10 (same day as Apples one last thing event), PlayStation 5 on Nov 12, and finally the iPhone 12 Mini and Max Pro on Nov 13.

Sales could eclipse a quarter to half a trillion dollars for the tech industry and it'll all happen in a span of four days.

Comment

newyorksole

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
If it hasn't shipped, you should be able to cancel, right?
Oh yeah I’m not worried about that. I just was hoping it doesn’t sell out in the time it takes me to change it. I did the “pre approval” for a full price phone so nothing is set in stone yet.

Comment

newyorksole

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
This is probably going to be the most expensive week in tech sales ever. You have Microsoft selling the new Xbox Series X|S consoles on Nov 10 (same day as Apples one last thing event), PlayStation 5 on Nov 12, and finally the iPhone 12 Mini and Max Pro on Nov 13.

Sales could eclipse a quarter to half a trillion dollars for the tech industry and it'll all happen in a span of four days.
All during a global pandemic! Lol and no one is batting an eye.

Comment

Kylo83

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2020
Well in the U.K. we can’t get the upgrade plan so we are screwed

Comment

and 1989 others

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2016
I do Hope Uk carriers are reasonable with their plans. I have already noticed they have increased their terms from 24 month to 36 month as standard.

Comment

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
This will be my first time ordering via the app.... does it automatically come up at 8 or do you have to close the application and re-open, for it to come online? Since there’s no refresh button like the website

Comment

m2m2k

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2020
iPhone 12 Mini allegedly has quality issues according to what I have heard from people I trust (working in pearl river delta - Hongkong, Shenzhen and so on)

Comment

sfwalter

macrumors 68010
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
This will be my first time ordering via the app.... does it automatically come up at 8 or do you have to close the application and re-open, for it to come online? Since there’s no refresh button like the website
It would be faster if you close the app and relaunch the app.

Also pro-tip: try the browser as well. Some year's you get an order thru via the browser then the app.

Reactions: Sikh and bigjnyc
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.