Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BG-Mac

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
Well I hope we see something useful come of this. Like a new Mighty Mouse or 30" ACD would = me:D:D:D

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Still down.... This is boring. I wish its something really nice that would suprise me and cause me to dash for the wallet!

faffoo

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Kind of besides the point

gan6660,
gan6660 said:
iPod touch 1g, iPod Shuffle3g, PSP Slim, DS Lite, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Sony Vaio FW, 50inch Plasma, Apple iMac, iPod Nano 4th gen red, nintendo DSi!!!

What is with the Nintendo DSi when this is a Mac forums. We all know the best gaming device in that list is the iPod Touch. LOL

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
well its been over an hour since it went down, hopefully its something good

Credit cards at the ready :D

gan6660

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2008
gan6660,

What is with the Nintendo DSi when this is a Mac forums. We all know the best gaming device in that list is the iPod Touch. LOL

I know but my ipod touch cant play my classic nintendo tiles can it?

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
Very good. Ill have two of whatever is updated please!

I hope they update the whole store then :p Hehe, just kidding.

Eyedn said:
Ok guys, not being a long standing member here can somebody inform me of the Powerbook G5 story, it seems to be such a crack in many threads around here..

Basically back in the PowerPC days, the PowerBook line (now the MacBook Pro line) were stuck with G4s, when the PowerMac G5s (Mac Pros) had G5s for ages and even the iMac got them. G5s were quite a bit faster than G4s, however, they couldn't put G5 processors into PowerBooks because they were too hot and power-hungry. People had waited so long for the PowerBook G5 update that it literally became a joke, hence why we're with Intel now.

Shake 'n' Bake

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2009
Albany
Ok guys, not being a long standing member here can somebody inform me of the Powerbook G5 story, it seems to be such a crack in many threads around here..

There never was a PB G5, or any G5 portable, because they simply got too hot. The only Macs that got a G5 were the PowerMac and iMac. And the PM had 9 fans + a liquid cooling system that was prone to leaks.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
How lame are we sitting here hitting REFRESH on the Apple Store page, that MAY or MAY NOT have some sort of change/update (if any) on some apple product.... :D
I know i've hit Cmd+R at lest 20 time this past hour lol.

jtgotsjets

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2004
Lawrence, KS

its just that for a very long time, apple's pro desktop had a g5 and their pro laptop still only had a g4. everyone kept waiting for them to get a g5 cool enough to put into a laptop (and thought it might finally be coming when they released the imac g5), but in the end, the g5 was always too big and too hot for a laptop.
this was one of the primary reasons for the switch to intel.

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
Still Down

Still down on a sunday?!?!?! As previously stated... What's going on?

(Apple's new ad- Jesus took the day off, video-montage of jesus helping people... end clip, "I'm Jesus and I'm a mac)

LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.