Apple Online Store is DOWN!

rw3

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Apple Online Store is Down!!!

This is very interesting for the middle of the day on a Friday....wonder if they are updating stuff. Guess we'll have to see...

aaronhead14

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
US Online Apple Store Down!

US Online Apple Store Down! Is this a good sign meaning new products? Or is this just maintenance?

MadCow42

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
This is very interesting for the middle of the day on a Friday....wonder if they are updating stuff. Guess we'll have to see...
Never seen them go down on a Friday... with the extended delivery times on Mini's and iMacs (going to 5 days in Europe now), I'm very curious what they have in store. With no event, it's a real mystery...

benlee

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2007
The store is usually down at this time of day when there's a keynote.

Perhaps someone forgot to send out the invites? :D
Haha. The most logical conclusion. There's one guy in the audience...the janitor.

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
Are you guys already fishing out your wallets?

This reminds me so much of that Simpsons episode with the Mapple store...

tiguk

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
UK
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there has never been a Friday product release in Apple's entire history.

(I will gladly eat my words if someone can prove me wrong. I want a new iMac, too!)
Erm, every iPhone?

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
Are you guys already fishing out your wallets?

This reminds me so much of that Simpsons episode with the Mapple store...
I've never actually been excited like this before for the store being down..During the keynotes you know something is going to be released (unless it was lame macworld last year! Lol) But this just comes outta nowhere!

Disarm

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2009
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there has never been a Friday product release in Apple's entire history.

(I will gladly eat my words if someone can prove me wrong. I want a new iMac, too!)
You and me both, I want a new one as well :)

My wallet is all ready...:)

I actually forgot my old login, and made a new one in order to keep up with the news.

tiguk

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
UK
Yes...but...those were announced and publicized weeks beforehand. There has so far been no announcement about any current product updates.

(Only eating part of my words)
Yeah, I can't remember an unannounced release on a Friday either.... was just being picky!

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
Yeah, the online store is also down here (netherlands). Would it be regular maintenance, or the new ipod touches with camera? (doubt that though)

NXTMIKE

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
Canada
And if Apple would update the iPod Touch to include a camera....just imagine how many complaint threads we'd see on MR.

But then again, Apple probably won't.