Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Opening New Stores in Canada, Germany, and Italy This Week

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is continuing its major push of retail store openings, with three more coming this week in three different countries. With these grand openings, Apple will have opened 14 retail stores over the space of four weeks as it moves toward its goal of opening a total of 30 stores during the July-September quarter.

Apple's Mapleview Centre store in Burlington, Ontario (Source: iPhoneinCanada.ca)
- Mapleview Centre (Burlington, Ontario, Canada): Apple's 21st Canadian store, Mapleview Centre is located in Burlington, Ontario west of Toronto along the Lake Ontario shoreline. The store will be the eighth in or near the "Golden Horseshoe" region of Ontario wrapping around the western end of Lake Ontario.

- City-Galerie (Augsburg, Germany): City-Galerie will be Apple's sixth German store and the second in Bavaria in the southeast of the country. The new store will join the existing Munich store just under 50 miles away.

- Campania (Naples, Italy): Apple's seventh retail store in Italy, the Campania store in the Naples metropolitation area is the first to open south of Rome. It is located approximately 25 km north of Naples in the Centro Commerciale Campania along the main Autostrada A1 motorway that serves many of Italy's major cities between Milan in the north and Naples in the south.

Article Link: Apple Opening New Stores in Canada, Germany, and Italy This Week

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
It is a surprise these stores became such a huge selling point for consumers. People seem to really like knowing that if they have a problem, just go to the apple store and it's taken care of

Comment

mostlydave

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2011
I wish Apple would build a store in State College PA. My closest store is a 90 Miles away.

Comment

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
It's another Apple Wwwwwwworrrrrrrrrld DOMination Weekend. I guess you could say Cook is putting another "niche" in Apple's belt. :D

Comment

nylonsteel

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2010
re oroginal article

healthy aapl retail build out
just hope our economy will support aapl reatil plans
dont want to over build

Comment

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Demand must be insane. I mean, new stores almost every week.

iPad sales will be through the roof over the next year. Count on it. And the result? It'll drive sales way up for Apple's other key products. Yes, Apple will need all these stores.

Comment

swedefish

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
I don't understand why Apple won't open stores in Sweden. Stockholm, Malmö/Lund and Göteborg could easily support their own Apple Stores and Swedes are very design-conscious consumers willing to drop a lot of money on status items such as Apple electronics. Also, I'd like to petition for an Apple Store in Oxford, England. If Cambridge can have one, so should Oxford!

Last edited:
Comment

Mitchelino

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2009
Ontario, Canada
As a Canadian, it's nice to see more Canadian stores. The closest one to me is still the Rideau store in Ottawa. As I've had to go there 4 times in 7 days (due to 2 back to back repairs), I know how much it sucks to drive hours just to get to one. Also hope to see more in the countries that really need them (large countries, in terms of land, and countries with few or no Apple stores).

Comment

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
I just wish they'd increase the size of the Apple Store in downtown Palo Alto.

C'mon, Steve, you know the one I'm talking about.

:p

Comment

simmstar

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2009
And still no store Apple store in Berlin!! Capital City of Europe's biggest economy!

Amazed to also hear no stores yet in Sweden...the ultimate connoisseurs of design and style.

Comment

ShiftyPig

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2008
AU
Apple stores are great for when there's something wrong with your machine and you want to receive great, in-person support.

Apple stores are awful if you want to actually buy something.

Comment

newdeal

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2009

glad to have a store in Burlington. wish they had one in the pen center in st Catharines. buffalo is close to me but I hate driving over the border to get things done.

Comment

profets

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
glad to have a store in Burlington. wish they had one in the pen center in st Catharines. buffalo is close to me but I hate driving over the border to get things done.

I don't think we'll see one in the Pen Center any time soon. Gotta be happy at least to drive to burlington instead of Buffalo or Mississauga though.

Comment

caffeinejoe

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2008
Fort McMurray, AB. CANADA
I wonder what Apple's criteria is for a store location. It seems some areas are blessed with several Apple stores in their vicinity whilst others must travel 999999999 miles to get to one. :)

Comment

AcesHigh87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
Ontario has enough apple stores, three in Toronto alone, bring one to the maritimes. Us East of Quebec need to drive 9 hours to get to the nearest Canadian apple store :(

Comment

dampfnudel

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's nice to see my mom's hometown of Augsburg, Germany get an Apple store.

Now when the hell will my hometown of Brooklyn, New York get one??? I see Apple products everywhere here.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.