Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheDance511

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2007
California soon
dont buy a pc!!! when i was shopping for a laptop in DEC. i had the black macbook in my hand..literally..and i said..yeah let me have one of these please...oh noo....so i go to sony .com and order a vaio because it looks cool..WORSE CHOICE EVER I HAD NO IDEA MAC DID SO MUCH AND WAS SO EASY TO USE with my pc its been nothing but problems....then i put vista on it not to long ago and it doesnt work with my video card becasue i dont have a flash hard drive or some bs and i dont have the right drivers installed...and its just a huge pain...and now its going to hell ion a hand basket... ill NEVER buy any microsoft product except for office EVER its been the worst buying experience ever for me..ill always buy apple because i know it wont fail like windows will...!!!please save yourself and buy the mac..

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
dont buy a pc!!! when i was shopping for a laptop in DEC. i had the black macbook in my hand..literally..and i said..yeah let me have one of these please...oh noo....so i go to sony .com and order a vaio because it looks cool..WORSE CHOICE EVER I HAD NO IDEA MAC DID SO MUCH AND WAS SO EASY TO USE with my pc its been nothing but problems....then i put vista on it not to long ago and it doesnt work with my video card becasue i dont have a flash hard drive or some bs and i dont have the right drivers installed...and its just a huge pain...and now its going to hell ion a hand basket... ill NEVER buy any microsoft product except for office EVER its been the worst buying experience ever for me..ill always buy apple because i know it wont fail like windows will...!!!please save yourself and buy the mac..

I'm going to have to come to Sony's defense on this one. Everyone I know that's had a Sony Vaio has NEVER had a problem with it. Of course, you do get what you pay for and amongst the PC's, Sony is the more expensive. I think only IBM and Apple are more (and only slightly).

What you did was upgrade to Vista, that was the mistake. Upgrading a laptop to the next Windows OS is always problematic with all the special drivers you need for it.

Mr. MacBook

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2007
Personally, if your in for gaming, Go to alienware or pick the XPS dell system w/ 512mb graphics card.

If your in for hard core student-ing, pick the MacBook Pro Refurb 15 inch 2.16GHz core duo 1GB RAM and 256 mb graphics memory w/ 15 inch display for like 1599 USD(i believe? If it's not right correct me)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.