Apple Orders 'Home' Docuseries Featuring Extraordinary Houses

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 5, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Apple has inked a deal for yet another television show, this time a docuseries called "Home," reports Variety.

The series will offer a "never-before-seen look inside the world's most extraordinary homes" while also delving into the imaginations of the visionaries who dreamed them up and built them. Based on the show's description, it sounds a little bit like MTV's "Cribs" but with more of a design and architecture focus.

Apple has ordered 10 one-hour episodes of the "Home" docuseries, which is produced by Matt Tynauer and Corey Reese of Altimeter Films.

"Home" is the first documentary-style series that Apple has ordered thus far under the leadership of Jamie Erlicht and Zack Van Amburg, two former Sony executives Apple brought on last June to run a new video content division within the company.

Apple is working on several other shows in addition to "Home," including a revival of 1985 Steven Spielberg sci-fi series "Amazing Stories," an untitled space drama developed by Ronald D. Moore, known for "Battlestar Galactica," an untitled "morning show drama" starring Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston, and "Are You Sleeping," a psychological thriller starring Octavia Spencer that focuses on a podcast that reopens a murder case.

It's not yet clear when the first of Apple's original TV shows will premiere, but it's possible at least one series will debut later in 2018.

Article Link: Apple Orders 'Home' Docuseries Featuring Extraordinary Houses

2. Chacocliff macrumors regular

3. MadeMyDay macrumors regular

MadeMyDay

So in other words, the homes of Apple executives?

4. brian3uk macrumors regular

I would rather watch an actual gorilla channel than another show about rich people’s houses.

5. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I love Apple products and Apple Music, but so far, none of their exclusives or TV shows sound interesting in the least to me. I like a pretty wide range of content, but their music exclusives seem focused on hip-hop and pop (which I also enjoy... but none of what they’ve put out). There’s a million shows about nice houses out there. Remote homes, urban homes, tiny homes, motor homes, architecturally unique homes...

6. Iphtashu Fitz macrumors member

Let me guess. It will be hosted by Robin Leach...

7. HarryKeogh macrumors 6502a

Since I'm a bit of a masochist, could they also show all the hot women I won't be sleeping with?

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

9. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Nickelback still wants his own episode on Cribs:p

-> that format was boooooooring 20 years ago.

10. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

So Apple plans on fighting it out with HGTV, Lifetime and Oprah. Okay, I guess.

11. adamjackson macrumors 65816

The reason for Amazon, Netflix and Hulu's success is their channels are available on every platform. No matter what box you buy or smartTV, you can stream content from all of those places so long as you pay for it.

AppleMusic streaming is not available on Roku, Shield, Google Cast or Amazon Fire, right? Isn't that holding them back?

12. nt5672 macrumors 65816

And even with Apple's platform, it sucks if you have any of your own content or expect a decent usability. It was designed to force you into Apple streaming, by making everything else suck.

13. camnchar macrumors 6502

camnchar

I am trying not to judge these things before they’re released but dear god Apple you’re making it difficult

14. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Sound like Apple execs are duplicating all their favorite shows.

Apple would be better off funding Game of Thrones prequels and sequels.

15. TroyR macrumors newbie

TroyR

I would watch this show as long as they run it. I hope Bjarke Ingels is one or the Architects featured.

16. nwcs macrumors 65816

nwcs

As annoying, fake, and formulaic as it is... Apple would do well to clone HGTV’s House Hunters and all the variations. They’re very popular, cheap, people love their 15 minutes of fame for $500, they’re totally scripted, and can be rerun ad nauseum.

17. Mirice99 macrumors member

18. skitidetdu macrumors regular

skitidetdu

19. ipodssss macrumors newbie

I like the sound of this one! I hope if they are going to do content again they are going to do it right!
    Apple Style Netflix that ISN'T part of Apple Music

20. bbednarz macrumors newbie

What sucks about Netflix or Hulu or any other streaming service for that matter on the Apple TV? Use Plex for your own content and you are set. I have never felt forced into Apples streaming... In fact it has probably accounted for 1% of the total time being used.

21. C DM macrumors Westmere

More than plenty of money to go around.

22. nwcs macrumors 65816

nwcs

Yeah, wish they’d give me a big armful of money!

23. trunten macrumors regular

I have to say as a lover of the tv shows grand designs and amazing spaces this sounds right up my street.

24. cmaier macrumors G4

25. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The show in which we find out where all those iPhone home buttons went.