Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LaDirection

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2006
I wouldn't be surprised if they already had a security breach game plan set for something like this and they are executing it as previously established.

Looking at how things have been going at Apple since Jobs' death, I doubt they had any kind of plans.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Well it's about time! Haven't been able to get much done without certificates and profiles..

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Looking at how things have been going at Apple since Jobs' death, I doubt they had any kind of plans.
Oh, yeah, a company like Apple definitely has no plans of any kind (especially related to troubles and ones dealing with security too), specifically due to the fact that its founder had passed away. :rolleyes:

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
What does "audience" have to do with it? Are you saying that Apple does security to please an audience? Quite a perverted view of security.

You bring a very negative position which balances things out quite nicely. By singling out and attacking my posts with juvenile insults, it must provide you with the ego boost you seek. I'm glad I can contribute to your happiness. :D

wilhoitm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
This is taking some time! Apple needs to bring back iWeb '13 so that they can bring back the developer site more quickly! :D

costmo

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2007
Bug Reporter never went offline and is up currently. Does this mean they're releasing a new one?

EDIT: guess not; it's now showing green. Must've just had the wrong status initially. :\

iTunes Connect never went down either.

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009

Having plans is one thing. Executing them properly is a different action. I know from good authority that Steve had many plans written for Apple after his passing.

Issue is that the highest parts of Apple had other interests after the monarch was off the throne as in many wealthy organizations. Hence, the dropped beehive behavior after the Steve Jobs tribute in the center of The Loop was over.

Security is something else and I'm sure they'll have this handled in a way that will keep the intrusion types guessing for a long while.

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
I think apple said:

"We plan to roll out our updated systems, starting with Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles, Apple Developer Forums, Bug Reporter, pre-release developer libraries, and videos first. Next, we will restore software downloads, so that the latest betas of iOS 7, Xcode 5, and OS X Mavericks will once again be available to program members"

I thought that meant there was a new beta but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Wishful thinking, I'm afraid. They said, "The latest betas . . . will once again be available." That doesn't mean there'll be a new one, just the "latest" one, which, right now, is beta 3.

I'm hoping beta 4 comes out soon, too, but I have a feeling it'll be next Monday.

Aug 26, 2008
Oh, yeah, a company like Apple definitely has no plans of any kind (especially related to troubles and ones dealing with security too), specifically due to the fact that its founder had passed away. :rolleyes:

Well, I get what you're saying, but it's pretty clear they didn't have a plan for what happened. Their response is to build a new system? That's pretty poor.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Well, I get what you're saying, but it's pretty clear they didn't have a plan for what happened. Their response is to build a new system? That's pretty poor.
Don't think anything is really pretty clear. What they say in their updates doesn't really include full details so far--some details of what they are doing, but not how and what's underneath it all. Perhaps they had a new system that was set to go soon and this was a push to get it going rather than spending additional efforts in getting the old one patched up and going again, assuming it could even be patched up. Just because the resolution might be somewhat more drastic than some might think, doesn't mean that prior thought and planning wasn't involved.

----------

Why give a ****?!
Perhaps simple curiosity? :confused:

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
It's possible that an iOS 7 beta update wasn't even planned for this week anyway.

Just like in the past, once they betas stable they come less and less. Beta 3 is fairly stable and I wasn't expecting a new one for 3 - 4 weeks...

iearmstrong

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2013
Orlando, FL

We all know Apple is secretive about a lot of things, so I don't think anyone could make a prediction what they have planned unless they say, "yea, we weren't prepared", which I doubt they'd ever do.

linuxcooldude

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2010
Lol. One dude takes apples dev site down for a week. How is that possible?

I believe it was Apple themselves that took the website offline. Once they detected an unauthorized intrusion they wanted to see what the damage was and the best way to recover from it.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
FYI, the bug reporter was never down. I don't think iTunes Connect was ever done either. So, they haven't bought up anything today.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
FYI, the bug reporter was never down. I don't think iTunes Connect was ever done either. So, they haven't bought up anything today.
Yup, just provided a more up-to-date update on the site and via email.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.