Apple Partners With Imagine Dragons and One4 Project to Aid in Refugee Relief Efforts

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacRumors, Oct 12, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

SAP and the One4 Project today announced a partnership with the band Imagine Dragons and Apple that aims to provide support to the UN Refugee Agency as it addresses the refugee displacement crises occurring in Europe (via Forbes). The new single by the band, called "I Was Me," is out now on iTunes for $1.29, and both Imagine Dragons and Apple have confirmed that all proceeds from its sales will go toward relief efforts.

[​IMG]

SAP, the corporation supporting One4, has also announced it will donate 10 cents for each of the first five million purchases of the new single. Each member of the project hopes the funds not only aid in providing relief for the refugee crises, but bring the international issue into the public eye.

join us NOW & help @refugees w/our new song #iwasme
proceeds provide aid
http://t.co/ng1d0rzIUD 
#one4 @one4project
https://t.co/H3iwvWUfCl— Imagine Dragons (@Imaginedragons) October 12, 2015
    Apple has already been supporting the relief efforts, opening up iTunes Store donations to the American Red Cross last month to help those displaced from their homes due to violence and forced to migrate across the Mediterranean Sea and into Europe. Those interested in supporting the cause can purchase "I Was Me" on iTunes right now.

Note: Due to the nature of the discussion regarding this topic, the discussion thread is located in our Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum. All forum members and site visitors are welcome to read and follow the thread, but posting is limited to forum members with at least 100 posts.

Article Link: Apple Partners With Imagine Dragons and One4 Project to Aid in Refugee Relief Efforts

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

wished we stopped bombing the crap out of them instead of just trying to help them after we screwed up their countries.

4. Edgar Spayce macrumors regular

If I was a refugee, I would not only be pissed off that the same people would destroyed my country to loot its resources dares to either speak for or rejet us, but I sure as hell would be very pissed off at Apple for insulting us with such crappy music like Imagine Dragon.

5. captain cadet macrumors 6502

I'm British and am appalled by the response we given - only room for 20,000 refugees? My home town is bigger than that and that was small!
    I think just not donations will help though, there needs to be a collective of Countries to do something about this and now a sticked up response with nothing working as it should as everyone thinks "its not our problem!"...

6. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou

7. Tiger8 macrumors 68020

Correct on both counts (The West's history with the Middle East + Imagine Dragons). Well done sir!

8. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I like seeing Apple use their power for good. What a devastating situation.

9. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

To be fair the UK does donate a lot of money for foreign aid, a lot of it is going towards helping the refugees closer to home. But yeah 20,000 isnt many to take in.

10. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

And exactly what meaningful "good" do you think will come from this?

11. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

What resources have been looted by whom in Syria?

12. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

How about helping innocent children to not starve to death? I tend to think thats a good thing myself but maybe its just me.

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Resources? In Syria?

14. mdridwan47 macrumors 6502

mdridwan47

"Refugee"
    [​IMG]

15. CelestialToys macrumors 6502

None yet. Syria is more about building a gas pipeline than resources.

16. Tiger8 macrumors 68020

France occupied Syria in the early 1920s, right after the Turks (Ottoman Empire). They both sucked.

17. verpeiler macrumors 6502a

verpeiler

So what? Would you leave your smartphone at home if you had to leave your country because ****ing bombs destroyed your whole city?

18. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Maybe I'm just being naive....but what exactly is this supposed to prove to me?

Oh! I get it! Because refugees aren't allowed to have non-tattered clothes, or smartphones....or to smile for that matter. The audacity of them!

19. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

You should see what the European Jews had during WWII when they stepped off the trains... :eek:

#ihatehashtags

20. nick42983 macrumors 6502

nick42983

Were you also appalled by the rapes of 1400 young girls by British Muslims? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal Please tell us your address so we can direct a saintly "refugee" family your way. Or just a group of young men who courageously left their wives and children back at the battlefront so they could come sign up for welfare in Europe. "I'll be right back hun!"

21. coolfactor macrumors 68040

22. coolfactor macrumors 68040

Is the price $1.29 on the US store, as well? That's interesting. I thought the US store was at $0.99 while the Canadian store is at $1.29 due to the exchange rate. The price for this song was only $1.29 CAD for me, so was that actually cheaper than the US store's price?

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

There's supposedly a huge paedophile ring going back decades with parliament here. Considering it's fashionable for people to worship Jesus for British parliament does that mean we should expel the Christians?
    Or how about that Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris?
    What about that much larger problem of child abuse in the Catholic Church?

Imagine if Yellowstone or some other natural disaster struck the US and people were forced to leave. Families in Mexico, Canada "Oh no I don't want one of them warmongers/[whatever stereotype you wish to use] living with us".

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Exactly. You can't judge an entire group of people due to the actions of a few.

If we did, the entire world would be guilty by association.

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

wish gun owners enjoyed those views.

anyways, best of luck to the refugees, hope they don't have clowns like the Boston bombers among them.