Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bernuli

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
Great, fill up our had drives wih low bitrate crap we don't even own. I'll be skipping THAT version of iTunes.

cambox

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
omnipresent
I believe he's referring to the entire MacRumors forums. People are posting complaining about a lack of a new Mac Pro even in threads that have nothing remotely to do with a Mac Pro. At least the "Safari is snappier" post can sometimes be humorous and can fit into most threads subject. The Mac Pro post are just sad when people post them for the sake of posting them.

As far as the original topic that we should be discussing, I agree that this patent technology would work well for an iWatch.

Maybe look at the visual clue on the original post? You may get a clue to what I was pointing towards? Are you the type of person who only gets things when they are pointed out to you or in written form? I havent a clue what you mean when you say posts that are off topic and safari is snappier? Is it? Irony can be a useful tool when used correctly?

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
$1.69?

oh, oh.

Good catch, I did not even notice that. Well I guess it had to happen at some point. We went from .99 to 1.29, so eventually going to 1.69 make sense. I just hope it is still a while before that goes into effect.

Lotso

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2010
OC, California
Interesting note. The first diagram contains iTunes Top Songs that were hits around 2009-2010. It seems they have been working on this idea for quite some time.

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
So I'm running low on room on my iPhone. Let me buy a movie, for example, and set it to download to my laptop and not my iPhone.

Now THAT would be a great idea :)

This is already possible with iTunes and iCloud. You must not have turned on download automatically in your settings in iTunes.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Somebody is already launching their iSue app.

Just waiting and ready to sue when Apple introduces their functioning better version.

thelink

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
About all I can tell is me getting ready to pull a whip snap to the tootin' alawa parcracksnia. Hahaha if I could get my hands on this I would hoopinsna my algorithinis.

Ralf The Dog

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
Way too many Mac Pro comments around here...

We need more. If it is not Mac Pro, it has no meaning.

So, Apple had this idea three years
ago and still has not figured out how to implement it? Brilliant.

The patent required hardware, Apple chose to keep out of the iPhone, mostly due to power usage, but also due to size and cost constraints. When stuff gets cheaper, smaller and less electron thirsty, Apple will implement it.

jonAppleSeed

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2013
The patent required hardware, Apple chose to keep out of the iPhone, mostly due to power usage, but also due to size and cost constraints. When stuff gets cheaper, smaller and less electron thirsty, Apple will implement it.

But can you patent an idea? Has anyone patented the flying car, time travel? What's stopping people from doing that? I'm sure in the future we'll have the hardware to make the idea real.

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
What do you want to imply? Samsung invented proximity based sharing?

No, what he means is that just adding a twist on existing major functionality that is already part of current implementation is not something that SHOULD be patentable. But of course, it was. :rolleyes:

I don't blame Apple - I blame the ridiculous patent system for granting these types of patents.

Tony

longofest

Editor emeritus
Jul 10, 2003
Falls Church, VA
What do you want to imply? Samsung invented proximity based sharing?

no, but they have been making a mass market push with it for over a year now. It's goofy to be hearing about a patent from a company that has yet to even introduce a product when another big company has it out in the field for some time.

Porchland

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2004
Georgia
This might be nice for purchasing content too large to immediatly download on cellular networks.

It could also have applicability to Apple TV by pre-downloading the first 50 MB (or whatever) of TV shows you regularly watch, new release movies, etc., so you don't have to wait for the buffer when you start watching it.

YeahBuddy

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2011
Boston, MA
Let's not forget, Apple has already introduced beaming technology into iPhoto for iOS.

iphotoshareiphone.jpg

NokX

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2003
Knoxville, TN
If my friend has a song I want, we should be able to transfer that song between devices (Bluetooth?) and once connection to the Internet is available, the purchase is made through Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.