Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dschulian

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
Germany
But why would the social media team post this screen by „accident“, when we are more than 7 days ahead of launch day? Oh, it wasn‘t from any official side. My bad.

Anyway, I we don‘t have to wait that much longer, yay! Now we need more grocery stores and such supporting AP.

Last edited:

scalp86

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2013
Germany
But why would the social media team post this screen by „accident“, when we are more than 7 days ahead of launch day?

Anyway, I we don‘t have to wait that much longer, yay! Now we need more grocery stores and such supporting AP.
Just to clarify, the tweet was not by the social media team of DB. No idea where the person who tweeted itreceived it from.

Newbie1979

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2018
A further sign for the imminent start of Apple Pay: Bluecode released today the Information, that they received a funding of 11,2M€ to compete against Apple & Google Pay. And that they will be integrated into the upcoming Sparkasse Payment-App... Why now? Remember my posting one or two weeks ago... my failure was that i linked my received information to Paydirekt.

https://futurezone.at/b2b/oesterrei...-erhaelt-112-millionen-euro-kapital/400154157

Pounty

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2016
It is just too funny :D

„Der österreichische Bezahldienst will mit seiner Lösung Apple Pay die Stirn bieten. Statt NFC kommt hier der einfache Barcode zum Einsatz.“

Why use ancient barcodes? No positive points in my pov, sorry.

Mr-Fly

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Display has to be activated and maybe even unlocked. Not really user friendly. And then most of the times the device has to be handed over to the cashier.
Nope thanks. This will not be my way.

docfred

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
It is just too funny :D

„Der österreichische Bezahldienst will mit seiner Lösung Apple Pay die Stirn bieten. Statt NFC kommt hier der einfache Barcode zum Einsatz.“

Why use ancient barcodes? No positive points in my pov, sorry.
AliPay works this way. Afaik the world‘s biggest and most used mobile payment system. Even offered in Berlin, Munich and so on.

Makes it very flexible.

Newbie1979

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2018
Just to make it clear: bluecode does not substitute ApplePay for the DSGV and bluecode is also not meant on their presentation slide for Q3/2019 a few days back.

Correct, you are right. I also know that DSGV is currently negotiating with Apple. But Bluecode will also be integrated around Q3/2019, the new app will need time to be released around that time

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
DSGV wants to get the girocard into Apple Pay and that’s why the planned release is in Q4/19. Girocard first has to make tokenization possible.

Reactions: docfred

Newbie1979

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2018
AliPay works this way. Afaik the world‘s biggest and most used mobile payment system. Even offered in Berlin, Munich and so on.

Makes it very flexible.
In my opinion it can solve problems, for example in a stadium or in canteens. I would use it when otherwise only close-loop systems are available...
[doublepost=1540399163][/doublepost]
Yes, I’m surprised at that as well! But, and this part of the information is just my personal speculation, it was all a strategy. And it seems to have worked! We will have 13 banks at launch another two or three at the beginning of next year, and then the others will follow in 2019 (SPK/VoBa).
Which are the banks 12 and 13?

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
In my opinion it can solve problems, for example in a stadium or in canteens. I would use it when otherwise only close-loop systems are available...
[doublepost=1540399163][/doublepost]
Which are the banks 12 and 13?
Commerzbank and comdirect

Newbie1979

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2018
Just to make it clear: bluecode does not substitute ApplePay for the DSGV and bluecode is also not meant on their presentation slide for Q3/2019 a few days back.

In den kommenden Wochen und Monaten wird vermehrt vom vermeintlichen Durchbruch der US-amerikanischen Lösungen Google Pay und Apple Pay berichtet werden.

So eine Integration gebe es übrigens in Kürze mit der Deutschen Sparkasse. Diese setze in ihrer gesamten Mobile Payment-Strategie auf Bluecode. “Da wollen wir in ganz Europa hin”, sagt Wilhelmer.

https://www.derbrutkasten.com/investment-payment-startup-bluecode-2/amp/
[doublepost=1540399731][/doublepost]
Commerzbank and comdirect
No, currently Comdirect is the 11th bank...

Pounty

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2016
Is it also possible to send money P2P using BlueCode? That would be really cool! Because iOSs Apple Pay Cash is well only for iOS guys and Sparkasses Kwitt only for Sparkasse guys :rolleyes:

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
In den kommenden Wochen und Monaten wird vermehrt vom vermeintlichen Durchbruch der US-amerikanischen Lösungen Google Pay und Apple Pay berichtet werden.

So eine Integration gebe es übrigens in Kürze mit der Deutschen Sparkasse. Diese setze in ihrer gesamten Mobile Payment-Strategie auf Bluecode. “Da wollen wir in ganz Europa hin”, sagt Wilhelmer.

[doublepost=1540399731][/doublepost]
No, currently Comdirect is the 11th bank...
This is the list by Rudolf... there are 13 banks on there

7D636D6D-6711-44E6-A89A-0C5CF211E680.png

Newbie1979

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2018
Is it also possible to send money P2P using BlueCode? That would be really cool! Because iOSs Apple Pay Cash is well only for iOS guys and Sparkasses Kwitt only for Sparkasse guys :rolleyes:

Currently not, as far as I know... but KWITT will become integrated into Paydirekt. And then usable across all participating banks
[doublepost=1540400035][/doublepost]Th
This is the list by Rudolf... there are 13 banks on there

View attachment 797966
Then the list I just checked is wrong...

Mr-Fly

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Yepp, ist works. But it only says „boon“ on your regular bill. And this sucks.

For N26, i tried them for a few weeks and there is absolutely nothing that would make ne change. It‘s a normal online bank with reduced functionality. I even don’t like the app as I have to add a „contact“ to do a money transfer for example. Which is ridiculous for one time transfers.

I don't exactly know what the hype about N26 is. The App is in my eyes not friendly. Doing my "real" banking with it would be crazy stuff.
And there is no trust to n26 anymore as they promised not to put Schufa in place if the user does not have credit activated and they broke that promise and put all accounts into Schufa.

docfred

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2018
Germany

It‘s not that suprisingly that the management of bluecode tells that story in interviews ;)

Nishko

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2017
A marketing statement as this guy obviously wants to push his own company.

Deutsche Kreditwirtschaft has a more diverse view.

EDIT: @docfred beat me to it.

Reactions: docfred

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Slightly off-topic:

Isn’t it fascinating how the whole mobile/NFC payment subject discussion exploded in only 3 months time?
Like, before that there were only a few people tweeting here and there, but now...

Reactions: michelmike
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.