Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Apple Pay is live for Sparkasse. Just set up my card (it automatically prompted me to fill in my security code cause the card was set as my payment method).

Set up is pretty easy and intuitive via their App and pushTAN.

Reactions: LutzRFrank

12nine

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2018
My MC Gold is displayed as gold with Spk München. When Girocard is working, there is no need anymore for plastic cards ??

Reactions: LutzRFrank

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
BW Bank and Nord/LB also launched today. Very impressive to get so many partners to join within just a year.

Next year VR and from what we've heard Barclaycard and LBB are planning to launch Apple Pay. Happy days!

PR1985

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2016
Germany
Guys? I`m using Apple Pay as a payment method for my Apple-ID. I would like that they charge my SSK MC, so this card has to be my standard card on my phone, right? On my watch it is boon. instead. I added both cards on both devices. I did not add the SSK MC to my iPad Pro as yet.

LutzRFrank

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2011
Germany/Switzerland/France
Guys? I`m using Apple Pay as a payment method for my Apple-ID. I would like that they charge my SSK MC, so this card has to be my standard card on my phone, right? On my watch it is boon. instead. I added both cards on both devices. I did not add the SSK MC to my iPad Pro as yet.

Just put/move it the lowest on the iPhone to use it as Standard card on the Phone (or select within Settings). On the watch you need to chose in the Watch App

Reactions: PR1985

AlexSch91

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2018
Oh just right in this moment the picture of my Sparkasse Mastercard was updated!

I have a Mastercard X-Tension Card where the plastic card looks completely different than the other Sparkassen cards. In my iPhone wallet it was a normal silver card until now.

I noticed the change while setting up the express transit card to the Sparkassen card. Not sure it updated because of that or I guess it was a coincidence.

Did you also notice an update?

PR1985

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2016
Germany
Just put/move it the lowest on the iPhone to use it as Standard card on the Phone (or select within Settings). On the watch you need to chose in the Watch App
@LutzRFrank Thanks! Everything is setup fine. For now I´ll leave my iPad with the normal MC for my Apple ID. I added my boon.Card there for Apple Pay.

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Yes, they must have waited for business hours to start... strange that the Gold MC is listed as golden in the App but Wallet displays it as Silver.

ok, now only the Girocard left...
My card is displayed as a generic silver one in Wallet too (but has proper artwork in the Sparkasse App). I hope they fix that because otherwise you have no idea what card is which if you have multiple.

PR1985

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2016
Germany
My card is displayed as a generic silver one in Wallet too (but has proper artwork in the Sparkasse App). I hope they fix that because otherwise you have no idea what card is which if you have multiple.
Since i have got a picture-card I hope they implement that.

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Does anyone else have issues adding their card to Apple Pay on a Mac? It keeps telling me the card I'm trying to add can't be added to Apple Pay on a Mac... ?

//EDIT: For anyone wondering, I called Sparkasse support the second time today and they confirmed that Mac support is not available yet. Only way to use your card via Apple Pay on a Mac is via the "iPhone handoff" mode that older non-TouchID models use. They left it ambitious whether they eventually add support for the native Wallet integration on 2016+ T2 chip Macs (one support rep said "it's called MOBILE payment solution after all, a Mac is not mobile so there is no support duh", another said there is no concrete news about Mac support but he thinks it makes sense to support it in the future).

Last edited:
Reactions: samwa3 and Knight22

hesoba

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2017
What I find really weak.

You buy something with the watch and with the iPhone, and it is shown separately.

I don't see the transactions together in the wallet, but the watch transactions only via the watch app.
Impractical...

Mr-Fly

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
This is because they are Generally two different cards with two different device numbers. This also means if you use then with public transport you have to use the same device at the exit then the one you used at the entrance.

samwa3

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2018
But... Amex can do it. Even without any additional apps on the phone at all you get every transaction anywhere, be it with plastic card or online, right into the Wallet app transaction list.

That would be nice to get for Mastercard and Visa at some point. It‘s of course good in general that the card data only lives on the device, and isn‘t shared between them in any way. But showing a transaction list from your bank in the Wallet should be an option.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
Is paying 7,99€ per month for bunq worth it? For little more than 7,99€ one could subscribe to a Metal plan at some other banks. Am I failing to see any worthwhile advantages versus the competition (N26, Revolut, Monese, Monzo, Openbank)?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.